Tyunning- Tell me a Story

"Hey. Watch this!" Taehyun plucked a star from the sky. The little rock glowed as it hovered above his palm.

Kai touched it. It didn't hurt him. This was all just a dream in his head. He beamed "wow! It's so warm!"

Taehyun threw the star back into the sky. The glow reappeared exactly where it was taken from. "Okay. Your turn!"

Kai closed his eyes. The long grass began to glow a deep emerald green. Fireflies seemed to burst from the soil and take flight into the night. He opened his eyes to admire the way Taehyun was looking at the sky. Those little bugs were dancing stars beneath the blanket of real ones. Small bursts of light made his boyfriend's cheeks have the softest glow. Both of their eyes sparkled as they watched the colony fly off towards the moon. "How was that?"

"Unreal."

The dream rudely ended when Kai's alarm went off. He grumbled then did his best to fall back into the dream. Five minutes later, his second alarm went off. "Ugh. Fine. I get it. I have school..."

After he was dressed, he kissed his mom on the cheek then grabbed an apple. A small fruit was always his breakfast. On the bus, he began to draw out what he saw in his dream.

The bus came to a stop. Taehyun happily got on and sat right next to his boyfriend. He looked down at the sketchbook to see a half drawn field. Yellow dots were scattered in scribbles of green. He wondered what those were. "Another dream?"

"They get more vivid every night. It's crazy. They just feel so real."

"What did you dream about this time?"

"We each had superpowers. I'm not sure what they were? You plucked a star from the sky for me. I could touch it! Then I did something and fireflies began to dance around everywhere."

Taehyun looked at the drawing again. "That's what the yellow dots are?"

"Yeah. I'll add more detail later." Kai put his materials away then leaned his head against his boyfriend's shoulder. "Do you ever have those kinds of dreams?"

"I don't really dream in general." Their fingers intertwined. "I wish I did. Those sound so cool."

"They are!"

Taehyun grabbed the sketchbook from him then flipped to his favorite dream. It was a picture of them moving boxes into a house. A little dog was trailing behind them, nipping at Taehyun's feet. "Tell me about this one again!"

"Again? You already know it though." Kai kissed his lips when his boyfriend batted his eyelashes. "Okay. Fine."

Taehyun closed his eyes as he smiled. His head rested against Kai's shoulder. He held his hand tightly in anticipation of the story.

"We just bought a small house together. I knew it was a dream because we could actually afford a house."

That little part was Taehyun's favorite of the story. It made him smile every time.

Kai continued. "You challenged me to a contest to see who could bring in the most boxes. Loser had to buy dinner."

"And?"

"You were winning...."

"Even in your dream, I still beat you!"

"I said were!"

"Yeah until?!"

"I outplayed you."

Taehyun lightly smacked his arm then went back to leaning against it. "Outplayed. You mean you cheated!"

"Do you wanna hear the rest of my dream or not?" Their lips met again. Kai took a second to remember where he left off in the story. His fingers snapped. "Ah. I CLEVERLY, and I'll add there wasn't any rules against it, moved the boxes from your pile into mine when you weren't looking! You got mad then tackled me into a box of stuffed animals."

"And then?"

"It bursted open! Stuffing and squishables began exploding from the box. The wood floors became covered in white fluff. It looked like snow. An avalanche of stuffed animals kept flowing from the box."

"And what did we do?"

"Found the biggest ones, hopped onto their backs, and rode them down the fluffy hill. You were riding a giant Appa. His big head pushed the front door open. The streets started filling with cotton and other stuffing materials. You pretended to be Aang! You commanded the winds to direct the white wave through the neighborhood."

Taehyun was lost in the daydream. He could picture everything on that little black bus seat. His hand unconsciously hooked around Kai's stomach. He was the best pillow in the world.

"And I was riding a unicorn behind you! Wait. I think it was a pegasus. Those are the ones with wings right?"

"Yes baby."

"Thank you." Kai kissed his forehead then continued the story. "I was riding a pegasus behind you! The little horse started to fly. I looked like a kite that floated above. My shadow protected you from the sun. I felt so majestic."

"That would've been so cool to see."

"I saw our favorite burger place in the distance. I knew that's where you were taking us. We arrived at the same time. Everything disappeared when you opened the door. The streets went back to normal and we laughed about it. We then ordered our usuals."

"Two spicy bacon cheeseburgers, two fries, a coke and a sprite." Taehyun's stomach grumbled at the mere thought of it.

"Want to get it tonight?"

"I'd love to."

Kai saw the bus turn onto the highway. School was close. Maybe another five minutes, if traffic was normal, to tell his story. "So we ate our food then our little dog hopped into your lap. It stole your burger! You were so mad that you started to chase it around the restaurant!"

"And you didn't help me at all!"

"I was too busy laughing! Come on, you'd do the same thing."

"You're right. I would."

Kai joked "exactly. Then you tried to make me pay even though I won!"

"By cheating!"

"ANYWAYS! The dream ended with me giving the rest of my burger to you after the dog ran back home. It was really cute."

Taehyun crossed his arms as he pouted. "You're forgetting a part!"

"I wanted to hear you say it!"

"After I finished your burger, I told you I loved you."

"And when I told you about my dream the next day, you told me you really do love me."

Taehyun kissed Kai's lips. They held hands as the bus pulled up in front of their school. "And you told me you love me too."

"I love you Taehyunnie."

"I love you too Kai."

The couple got off of the bus together. They then met up with their friends until the first bell rung. Kai spent all of first period ignoring the teacher so he could finish his drawing. If he didn't finish it, he would forget it and this dream was definitely worth remembering. Class went on. Assignments were given out. While Kai doodled, he wondered what the next dream would bring.