🦁Tyunning- Stay Away from Me

August 14th. Hyuka sat on the floor with a broken hand and a purple eye. Tears streamed down his face when he looked at his phone. Taehyun texted him "happy birthday... I miss you..." Everytime he looked at that text, he started to cry again. He missed him equally as much. He loved him and he wanted more than anything to be with him again. Whenever he thought of running away, he remembered his boyfriend's threat to kill Taehyun. Staying away protected him. It was also the thing that made him want to die.

The front door opened. He flinched at the sound then quickly hid his phone in his jacket. His boyfriend came in stinking of cigarettes. "H-how was work?"

"It was fine. Boss has a stick up his ass. Said I didn't deserve a promotion."

"I'm sorry..."

A small stack of dollar bills was tossed at Hyuka. "Go get me some food. Buy yourself something nice too. You were extra good to me last night."

Hyuka counted the bills in his hand. It was only $20. "Something nice" would probably be a $3 ramen instead of the 50 cent one. He was told he didn't deserve to eat well because he didn't bring any money into the relationship. When he suggested getting a job, the guy laughed. Told him his job was to be a good little slut and clean. Hyuka pocketed the money then left down the street.

The sky was a dark gray color. A thick blanket of clouds covered the atmosphere. The summer night air whisped on his face. As he walked, Hyuka began to think of what happened last night. He didn't remember much after he was hit again. That blow to his face make him pass out. When he woke up in the morning, he was naked with blood dripping down his legs.

He remembered wanting to kill himself the moment his boyfriend left for work. The pain from his body would be over. The agony of leaving Taehyun, the way he did, would be gone if he did it. That's what he told himself as he held a kitchen knife to his wrist that morning. A few small drops stained the edge of the blade. The cut began to sting. Exasperated, he cleaned it off then set the knife back in the drawer. That morning is all he remembered as he rounded the corner to the fast food strip.

Hyuka walked into a chinese joint then ordered his boyfriend's favorite foods. The cashier asked him what happened to his eye. He instinctively touched it then lied. "It's nothing. It was an accident." All of his injuries were "accidents". The cashier gave him a sympathetic look then slipped him a bag of ice. "Thanks..."

The cold bag felt amazing against his swollen skin. Hyuka sat down in a booth to wait for his food. His eyes closed. He just wanted to disappear for a few minutes.

No matter how hard he tried to clear his mind, that little bell above the door didn't allow him to. It was annoying the hell out of him. He grabbed the edges of his hood and pulled them tighter around his ears. A voice called his name. Hyuka's heart stopped. His world became blurry when he looked up to see the love of his life. He couldn't cry again. If he did, his boyfriend would question everything he did while he was gone. Hyuka just stared at him, refusing to believe he was actually there.

Taehyun ran over when that bag of ice dropped. "OH MY GOD! DID HE DO THAT TO YOU?!"

Hyuka jumped out of his seat. The ice fell on the floor. His voice started to break when Taehyun touched his cheek. "Please, stay away from me."

"Are you okay?! I've been so worried about you!"

"I've been fine..."

Taehyun's heart shattered when the younger stepped away from him. "Come home. Please! Hyuka, I love you so much. I've missed you so much!" He slowly grabbed his hand. A couple of tears fell from his eyes when he saw Hyuka crying. "Please come home with me..."

"I hurt you."

"No you didn't! Baby look at me." Taehyun kissed his tears then cupped his cheek. His fingers slowly brushed the hair off of his forehead so he could kiss there too. He spent a few miserable months without him. He couldn't lose him again. "I know you didn't mean it. He threatened to hurt me didn't he? That's why you left?"

Hyuka lightly nodded.

"I'm not afraid of him. I can protect myself. I can protect you!" Taehyun ran his thumb along his cheek. He noticed how much bonier it felt than before. Hyuka in general looked dangerously thin. "Baby, he's going to kill you. He is killing you! You're safe with me! Please, please, come back home."

The employee called out Hyuka's food to let him know his order was ready. He mumbled "I have to go..."

Taehyun grabbed his arm. "Go with me then! Hyuka please!"

"He's waiting for me..."

"Hey, Hyuka look at me. I will NEVER hurt you." Taehyun searched his eyes but only sadness was behind them. He became desperate. "Did he even remember your birthday? Because I remembered! I love you so much. You can't leave me again! Please, just come home!"

Hyuka grabbed the food. He couldn't even look at the shorter without wanting to cry more. His boyfriend was a dangerous man. He wouldn't be able to live with himself if something happened to Taehyun. Hyuka pushed past him and headed towards the door.

Taehyun wiped his eyes as he stood alone by that empty booth. He watched Hyuka stare at the handle of the door. He pleaded one last time. "I love you... happy birthday baby..."

A few tears fell from Hyuka's eyes when he glanced back towards the shorter. He saw the one person who he could honestly say he was happy with. Taehyun changed his life from the moment they met. He loved him so much. He wanted to stay so badly. The bruises on his body were of a reminder of why he couldn't. The doorknob turned. His heart broke when he stepped onto the sidewalk. He took one last glance at his soulmate and said "goodbye."

"DON'T LEAVE! PLEASE!" Taehyun chased after him. Watching him leave was worse than the first time because this time, Hyuka was closer to death. "BABY STOP!"

Taehyun frantically looked around when he stepped outside. There was a bus at the end of the block. Hyuka was sitting in the back. Their eyes found each other. His world shattered when those bus doors closed. He started to run after it. "WAIT! NO! DON'T GO! HYUKA!"

He was fast but the bus was faster. It disappeared around the corner. "Hyuka..." Taehyun stood there devastated in the middle of the road. A taxi honked at him to get out of the way. He gave them the middle finger then slumped to the sidewalk.

People walked by like he didn't exist. That's what Taehyun preferred when he sat down onto the curb. He sobbed in his arms. All he thought about was how much better he could treat him. He just needed a fucking chance.

His phone vibrated in his pocket. There was a message notification on the lockscreen. Taehyun unlocked his phone and saw it was from Hyuka. Three little words was all he wrote. Those three words were enough to break his heart all over again. Hyuka told him he loved him. That was the first time he had ever said it back. Beomgyu was right and it hurt that much more.

Taehyun decided to call his best friend. "Hi..."

Beomgyu knew something was wrong by the tone of his voice. "Are you okay?"

"I saw him today. He's lost so much weight. He has so many scars."

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"No. I just need your help."

"What can I do?"

Taehyun looked at the text again. He had no idea where Hyuka was now but he was going to find him and bring him home. "Help me free him."

"Sure! Do you know where he is?"

"No." Taehyun smiled as he scrolled through photos of them together. So many memories were flashing across the screen. He was looking for one in particular. His smile drew wider when he found it. "I don't know where he is now. But I know where to start."