Yeonkai- God Killers

"You weren't supposed to live..."

Yeonjun spit blood into the grass. "Then why am I fucking alive?"

"God, you are such an ass."

"Hey. That's what the God told me!"

Kai rolled his eyes with a wide smile on his face. He offered his hand to the "ass" on the ground. "Is he dead?"

Yeonjun took the hand. Instead of standing up, he used it to yank Kai onto the grass next to him. His arm went around his shoulders. "Yeah. He's dead."

"I always knew we could kill gods. Should titans be next? I mean, Odin was the last one in the pantheon and you just killed him."

"There's still other religions to go through. I want the titans to be scared of us. I want them to know we're coming."

A man recognized the two on the grass. He got down on his knees and deeply bowed. A long prayer was whispered into his hands.

Kai quietly glanced to his stepbrother who was giving him the exact same confused look.

The stranger finished his prayer then thanked them one last time before continuing on his way. Yeonjun asked "okay. What the hell was that?"

"I don't know... he's probably just crazy." Kai whipped out his phone. "So the Nords are gone. We could do the Christian ones next. Jesus, God, the angels‐"

"-fighting Lucifer should be fun." Yeonjun's hair glowed an even brighter red at the thought of going one on one with Satan himself. "I want him first."

Kai stood up and pulled out his favorite sword. The blade began to glow with his eyes. They were one with each other. They shared a cosmic energy when Zeus's bolt collided with the blade. Instead of killing Kai, it absorbed the energy. If anyone else tries to touch his sword, they get shocked as a warning. Yeonjun almost died when he tried to play around with it when his brother was sleeping.

As for Yeonjun, he was also technically a god now. In his defeat over Hades, he won control over the souls of the dead. Billions of them to control and command. His army was unstoppable because he never ran out of bodies. Soldiers and gods who died against them were quickly turned to their allies. Yeonjun hated using dead gods because it felt like a cheap victory. He had yet to meet an enemy where he needed them.

Challenging the devil was going to be a battle for the ages. It was dead army versus dead army. Immortal versus immortal. Kai couldn't wait to watch it go down. His excitement came from the idea of challenging God. The almighty creator as Christians referred to him. He imagined taking down the creator. An army of angels would be at his disposal. If they both won, their dream would be one step closer to being achieved. Religion becoming dead.

Religion tore their family apart. Yeonjun's grandmother killed his mother when his parents got married in secret. Why? Because his mother was a mortal. A secret well kept by his father until Yeonjun was born. The God's family was devastated to learn their only grandchild was a demigod and not a full one. It wasn't just the mortal aspect. Her believing in a different religion was the final nail in her coffin.

Kai came into his life when his mother married Yeonjun's father. They clicked instantly when he learned they were both demigods. His father died the exact same way. They hated their parents for letting it happen so they killed them first. It felt great. Religion tore families apart so there was clearly only one solution. Destroy them all. They went on a rampage. The Nords were wiped out. The Greeks were destroyed. Hindu Deities were ash in the wind. Christianity was next as the brothers marched onto a plane to Sin City.

It wasn't a secret the devil lived in Las Vegas. They don't call it "Sin City" for no reason. The entire area was practically his creation. His own "heaven" on earth, right in the middle of a desert so you could really feel the heat. That aside, it wasn't the main reason the brothers insisted on going there first. There was a rumor God himself was visiting the city to continue to cleanse the place.

The brothers formed a plan to split up if they couldn't find either in a week. On the plane, Yeonjun had to know "how do you plan on fighting God?"

Before Kai answered, the two brothers noticed a woman staring them down. She pointed and started whispering things to the passengers sitting next to her. Next thing they knew, the brothers found themselves being thanked. Airline snacks were presented as "offerings". They were so confused when a child started to pray to them.

Yeonjun pleaded "please don't do that."

Kai added "yeah, it's really not necessary."

The woman bowed in her seat. "I'm sorry. I just wanted you guys to know that you've saved lives. Religion sends the world into constant wars. A war that killed my child when the enemy bombed her school! God wasn't there to protect my child. I say, kill them all!"

A lively chatter spread throughout the plane. Heated discussions were heard in the back. Flight attendants became nervous. They rapidly worked to bring the energy back to a calm.

The brothers shrugged as they faced each other. The arguments happening around them weren't their fault. They didn't bring it up. Yeonjun asked his question again. "How do you plan on fighting God?"

"He is weak to forgiveness. He sacrificed his own son for it. I'm offering a solution that would abolish sin entirely. It would be a permanent solution to his peace. Never again would he need to threaten humanity or answer needless prayers."

"And if he doesn't accept your proposal?"

"Then we do it the hard way. I kill him. He can only create things related to humanity but he didn't create other gods which means my powers are safe from his destruction. I have years of war under my belt. When was the last time he was thrown into battle?"

Yeonjun smirked. Kai reminded him more of himself every single day. He was so proud of how well he grew up. With a grin on his lips, he joking tossled those curly blonde strands. "My little Yeonjun!"

"Quit it! I should call you little Kai because I'm bigger than you now!"

That smile dropped. "Don't you dare!"

"Calm down. I won't."

"Thank you."

"You know if you win, you'll have to rule two hells right?"

Yeonjun didn't really care to rule anything. Gods ruled. He refused to be them. "I'm sure someone will obtain the throne. As long as they know the army is mine, I don't care who gets it."

"That what you did for the last one?"

"Pretty much."

Kai looked out of the window to see a flood of lights. "We're almost here."

Yeonjun scanned the city. His eyes glowed a firey red as he did it. The devil should stand out even among the millions. When they touched down, he still couldn't find him. "Where is he? I know he's here."

"Maybe he went back to hell?"

The two walked outside of the airport. Yeonjun grabbed Kai's wrist. The younger asked what his problem was. The redhead was elated. "He's here."

"Where?" Kai looked over to where Yeonjun pointed. It was the driver of the cab pulling up to the curb. That heat signature couldn't be replicated in a human. "Huh. That was easier than I thought."

A fat old man with a long beard and a cigar in his hand, rolled his window down. "Where to boys?"

Yeonjun shared a look with his brother. Their eyes and hair started to glow as their lips drew into a devilish grin. Kai's blade was drawn from thin air. Yeonjun's hands begun to omit fire. He turned towards his equal and demanded "to hell."