Beomkai- One Chance

"Listen Beomgyu-"

"One date! That's all I'm asking for!"

"Normal people would take the hint. I just don't see you that way. You've always been like an older brother to me."

Beomgyu wanted to rip the keyboard from the monitor and throw it out of that high rise office window. The blonde just wouldn't stop typing. "Why do you see me as an older brother? Because I take care of you? Because I'm always there for you? I have an older brother and BELIEVE ME when I say that they're assholes."

"Okay fine. Not an older brother. Happy?"

"No! Just give me one date!"

Kai was so tired of this. Every month Beomgyu found a new way to ask him out. They were "friends" when he wasn't pining but this was getting annoying. He's watched Beomgyu date other people too but those relationships never lasted longer than three weeks. He couldn't be that hard to get over. He didn't think there was anything special about him. "One date?"

"Wait. Is that a yes?! Did I just get a yes?!"

"On one condition!"

"What?"

"If it doesn't go the way you want it to, you never ask again. Got it?"

"Got it! Thank you so much!" Beomgyu placed a fat kiss on his cheek then happily left the office. He yelled "YOU WON'T REGRET THIS!" at the end of the hall.

Kai burried his face in his sleeves. Someone knocked on the doorframe. He looked up to see it was Yeonjun. "Call the police next time he steps foot in here."

Yeonjun leaned against the frame. "He's persistent I'll give him that. You didn't have to agree to a date. I would've filed a restraining order if I was you."

"Yeah but he's... a friend..."

"And how do you stay friends exactly?"

"Mutual friends from high school. We hang out together as a group. He asks me out. I say no. Cycle repeats."

"And this has been going on for how long?"

"Freshmen year."

"You're joking right? You're 23 now."

"Yeah..."

Yeonjun sat down across from Kai. "You are way too nice. I would've kicked his ass."

"He's harmless."

"You know what would be funny?"

"What?"

"If he ended up losing interest because the chase stopped."

"That would be the best case scenario actually."

Yeonjun handed over a large yellow envelope that contained a bunch of contracts to be reviewed. "Let me know how it goes. I know the security guy pretty well. One phone call and he's banned."

Kai snatched it out of his hands as he laughed. His phone vibrated on the desk. It was a message from Beomgyu asking if tonight was fine. Kai replied that it was. He wanted to get it over with. "Won't be necessary. Want to get a drink tonight after my date? I'll tell you all about it."

"Sounds like a-" Yeonjun winked "-date."

"Ugh, don't make it weird."

"You'd be honored to date me! Fuck you!"

"Love you too sweetheart." Kai went back to work when Yeonjun left his office. Beomgyu texted him to wear something nice. He was dreading this.

After work, Kai went home to change. If he didn't have a conscience, he would show up to the date in his pajamas. That's what he really wanted to do. He dug through his closet and sighed. A pale silk shirt and black dress pants was as "nice" as he was going to get. He didn't even bother to style his hair. Just combed through it after brushing his teeth.