🍉Yeonkai- That Reality

"I'm almost done!"

"Take your time!"

"I'm really am sorry!"

Kai chuckled to himself while he wrote his report. Yeonjun kept apologizing for taking longer to clean the restaurant than he anticipated. The blonde was sitting in an empty booth, waiting for him to finish. He decided work was a good way to fill in the time. "And I really don't mind waiting!"

The blonde was serious. He had a quarterly report coming up in his marketing department. Every part of his presentation had to be perfect because he was up for a promotion. The finer details were being worked out while he waited for the redhead to finish.

Yeonjun felt so bad he was keeping him waiting. The two weren't dating yet but he really wanted to be. Kai always insisted that he didn't have time to date yet he always made an effort to hang out with him. He didn't doubt the blonde was busy. Hell, he was too but that couldn't have been the reason his advances were rejected.

A squeaky sound caused him to look up. He saw Kai spraying down the windows and wiping them clean. "You don't have to do that you know."

The blonde smiled when he saw Yeonjun's reflection in the window. The redhead was admiring him while leaning on his broom. "You tell me this every time and what do I tell you?"

"That you don't mind doing it..."

Kai grinned as he continued to clean. "Exactly."

"Don't you have a report or something?"

"Presentation but I finished that ten minutes ago."

Yeonjun dumped his mop bucket then ran to the shower. As usual, he was done and dressed in under 10 minutes. "Okay. Finally ready to go!" Kai offered his hand. Yeonjun gladly took it. "Where are we going this time?"

"Well, since you said you had something to show me, I rented out a movie theater. Just for us."

"Really?"

"Why not? It'll be just us."

Nothing sounded better to Yeonjun than that. He clinged onto the blonde's arm as they walked to the third level of the city. Moonlight shined on his face. He never got tired of seeing the sky. Run down brick buildings were being replaced with steel and polished glass. Plants dangled across the walkways. Flowers bloomed in the floating streets. Something you never saw on the bottom floors.

Kai lead them inside of the theater. An usher walked them to their private screening. He explained how to hook his phone up and all of the functions of the remote. One of the buttons was the call for food. The menu displayed on the large screen. It wasn't an ordinary theater menu. Cocktails and other fancy beverages were on the first page. The second page was finger food like stuffed oysters, artisan italian pizzas and various charcuterie platters. The last page was extravagant desserts. Kai whispered "don't worry about the prices. It's on me. Just enjoy yourself."

The usher left after taking down their beverage orders. Yeonjun didn't want to ruin this date but the suspense was killing him. He nervously took the blonde's hand and asked "why don't you want to be official with me?" When Kai reclined his chair back, he regretted asking. His mood dropped. He wished he had kept his mouth shut. "I'm sorry..."

"Lay back with me." Kai held his hand when their chairs were on the same level. "I really like you Yeonjun. I like you a lot. But I've been in love before and the guy ended up leaving me for someone else. We were together for two years and he was cheating on me for over half of it. I'm not saying you will. I'm just saying I have severe trust issues because of it. It's not fair to you if that's the kind of mentality I'd go into a relationship with."