Tyunning- What if? #3

Short Story Collection- Chapter: My Target

➡️What if Kai actually went to class that day?

Taehyun looked at his new target.
The reward was large. $250,000 to kill
someone named Kai Kamal Huening. Like always, there was a short description of him.

Kai Kamal Huening
Age- 22. Taehyun mumbled "huh. Same
age." Just a barista at a cafe. Normal
college student. Came from a normal
middle class family too. "Why is this guy
worth a quarter of a million dollars?"

Yeonjun didn't say much about it. "Just
be careful. I want his index finger when
you're done. My boss will be more than
happy to pay you when it's complete."

"Right... Taehyun walked away just
as confused as before. Should be easy
enough. It was a weekday in the morning. He should be in class right now. All he had to do was find the class, wait for him to get out, then get him alone. How hard could that be?

He walked home to collect a pistol and
a silencer. His knife also went into his
pocket so he could collect the finger. Now that he had everything, he was ready.

Taehyun found the college. There was a
couple of kids on the lawn. He walked up to them and asked "do you know someone named Kai Huening?"

"What's it to you?"

He did not expect that attitude. It was a
simple question. Maybe the guy was just
a dick. "Old friend. He told me to meet
him on campus but he didn't exactly say
where."

The girl sneered "he only has two friends and you're not one of them.

Now he was frustrated. "Look. We are old friends. I just want to know where he is."

The guy next to the girl warned "leave.
You're not welcome here."

Taehyun gave up on them. Someone else
around here had to be more helpful. He
found a teacher leaving a building. Surely she knew him. "Hello! Miss! May I ask you something?"

"Sure! What is it?"

"Do you know where I can find Kai
Huening?"

Her expression went cold. She gave him
the exact same dirty look as the other two on the lawn did. Before she answered, a guy walked out of the building while loudly talking on the phone. Taehyun noted the guy's fluffy brown hair and adorable smile. More importantly, he looked approachable. He dismissed himself from the teacher then jogged up to him. "Hey! Mind if I talk to you for a moment?"

The guy answered in a sweet voice. "Sure! What's your name?"

Taehyun lied. "Terry."

"Nice to meet you Terry! Oh. Hold on, my friend is still bugging me."

Admittedly, Taehyun was getting a little impatient waiting for that guy to be done on the phone. He almost jumped back when the stranger burst into laughter.

"I know! He really thought he could beat me when I'm the king of mario party! Yeah. Yeah? Okay. See you later. Bye!" The guy put his phone back into his pocket. "Sorry. What did you want to talk about?"

"I'm looking for someone named Kai Huening. Do you know him?"

"No, sorry. I only recently moved here. Haven't had the time to get to know everyone yet. Incase you haven't noticed, the people here aren't the most welcoming."

"That's an understatement."

"Want my advice? Go to the café on campus. They're the nicest because they need tips."

"Thanks. I'll try there next." Taehyun went straight to the café. Kai was supposedly worked there so the employees surely knew him.

When "Terry" left, Kai called Beomgyu. "Hey. Someone was asking about me. I already texted Soobin. Keep him there long enough for him to get facial recognition scan."