🍇TXT- Lost Him- Part Two

The black van whipped down the barren road. Kai was still knocked out in the back. They were almost there. Just an hour left. Taehyun had a lot of concerns about this. The tension in the car was high. Everytime he wanted to speak, he decided otherwise in fear of pissing him off.

Beomgyu wasn't always like this. War changes people. He always had craved attention. His skills in combat gave him it. People practically fell to his feet. His name was feared around the country. Attention from fear and attention from admiration were all the same to him. He could never get enough.

Kai coming into his life was a curse in a sense. He took absolutely no joy in hurting him so his usual torture methods were abandoned. He promised a solid life, full of money and prestige, if Kai agreed to join their army. His skills would've been a valuable asset. It didn't matter what he said though. His prisoner always said no. That's when the brainwashing started. That, he took a lot of joy in.

His blessings came the first time Kai told him he loved him. Beomgyu would rather live in a lie than suffer in reality. He felt like his old self around him. He didn't have to talk about the war. They sang together, laughed a lot and loved hard. He sincerely didn't want to let him go but Kai would never truly be his as long as Soobin was still in the picture.

Soobin got nothing helpful from Yeonjun. He didn't expect to either. Especially not after him finding out they were dating. He did his best to deny it but Yeonjun saw right through the lie.

Jessie asked "anything?"

"No. I had to stop myself from killing him."

"You'll find him."

"I hope so. I'm just glad he's alive." Soobin walked out to tell the kids they could go back inside now. The little boy ran up to him with a half melted bowl of mint chocolate chip ice cream. "Thank you!"

The boy smiled then ran inside to have lunch.

Soobin climbed the into treehouse to gaze into the horizon. He started to eat his soupy dessert. The treat didn't taste as awful as he remembered. Maybe Kai had a point. He would never tell him that though. His boyfriend would just brag that he was right. When he set his bowl down, he heard that little bell ring again. The daughter rung it this time. "Is everything okay?"

"Mr. Soobin? There's a scary van coming this way."

Soobin glanced over to where she pointed. It was definitely a government van. Black, very shiny, with matte bulletproof tires. "I'll keep watch on it."

"Are we in danger?"

"No. There's only one van. Stay inside just incase okay?" Soobin grabbed his sniper then lined himself up. He wasn't going to shoot unless absolutely necessary. Giving away his position wouldn't risk just his safety but the entire city.

Taehyun parked the car on the edge of the city. They were in a grassy field. "Help me unload him please."

Beomgyu got out to pop the back doors open. Kai appeared to be awake. "Hey. We're here."

"Where am I?"

"Where we found you."

Soobin started to tear up when he saw Kai. His boyfriend was right there, standing next to his greatest enemy. He was alive and looked healthy.

Kai looked around. The city looked exactly the same except the air around it was filled with a haunting energy. These people have suffered. Joy was hard to come by these days for everyone. Kai looked at the one person he didn't recognize. "Who are you?"

"Taehyun Kang. Lead scientist."

Kai grabbed him by the throat. "Brainwashing me was your idea then wasn't it?!"