🃏Yeonkai- House of Cards

Yeonjun. The club. The lucky one.

Soobin. The heart. The soul.

Taehyun. The spade. The fighter.

Beomgyu. The diamond. The heir.

The suits needed each other but their bond was weak. Fights became a common occurrence. The heart and the diamond became a bond so naturally the spade and the club formed their own. Their group of thieves weren't going to last much longer unless something changed.

Yeonjun watched the three argue again in the living room. What started out as asking what they wanted to eat, escalated into Taehyun claiming Beomgyu always took Soobin's side. Their loyalties were crumbling before his eyes.

He just stood to the side, mindlessly shuffling a deck of cards. When he wasn't paying enough attention, some of them fell to the floor. He quickly picked them up. One card caught his eye. It gave him a brilliant idea. One that might save the group from disbanding. He quickly grabbed a pen and paper to write it down.

On the paper was a quick sketch of a blank playing card. The top wrote "?? The joker. The wildcard."

The one who will complete their set. The one that would hold the group together even if they don't realize it.

The heart, Soobin, had to be emotionally attached to them, aruguably more so than the rest. He was the person most likely to leave first.

The spade, Taehyun, needed someone to protect, someone he would die for. None of whom applied to their current group.

The diamond, Beomgyu, had to have someone keep his spoiled attitude in check, someone to humble him. At times, he was unbearable to be around because of it.

Lastly, Yeonjun wanted someone as lucky as he seemed to be. He was so tired of being told how naturally everything came to him. It made his hard work feel worthless. He wanted someone exactly like him, someone who thought and felt the same way. Just someone to actually understand him instead of pretending to.

The card was 80% done. All he needed was a face to fill in the blank. That's where Kai came in.

Yeonjun had no idea where to start but he needed to find someone quickly. Taehyun just slammed the front door on everyone. The other two called him an "asshole" then went to get food for themselves. Food didn't seem like a bad idea. Yeonjun grabbed his jacket then took off towards the strip mall.

Kai's sister's birthday was coming up. He wanted to get her something ridiculous to fool her then hide the real present inside. The real present would be a set of perfumes from her favorite designer. As for the fake present, he had no idea.

When Yeonjun got to the mall, the first thing he saw was Kai staring at a store window. The shop was full of whacky things. He wondered what the brunette could possibly buy there.

A group of young girls left the store. They were talking and giggling until a man approached them. Kai was on edge. Those girls looked like the same age as his little sister. The man looked older than his father. He monitored the situation from a distance. One of the girls had the man's full attention. She was told she was beautiful and then she was asked her age. When she refused to give it, the man harshly grabbed her arm. That was it for Kai. He shoved the man out of the way then threatened to call the police if he didn't leave.

Yeonjun saw it all. He watched that stranger console the poor girl. She looked shaken up as her friends comforted her. The brunette offered to call mall security on the man but they declined. The girl just wanted to leave.

After Kai was assured she would be okay, he started to walk in the opposite direction. His guard was still up. Someone was following him. He feared it was the old man. "Listen here-"