Chapter-23

Rachel's pov:
After yelling at Jai I went downstairs and comforted Lilly but I knew he can hear anything we said so I slowly walked her up the stairs.

"Lilly did anything else happen between you two like why is she all flirty and attached"

"Nothing he's just really weird"
She's lying I can tell by the way she's moving her fingers and the face she made.

"Lilly babe I know you're lying now tell me the truth so I can find a solution to this"
"Fine um you know when you all thought I was lost?" She asked nervously
"Ya"

"Well I was actually walking here but I ended up at the cabin. Then Jai was coincidentally there but I'm not gonna get into detail.
So he told me something I didn't believe him and ran so he grabbed me by my hair and made me stay there for the whole night"

"Wait did you say he grabbed you by your hair"
"Yea but it didn't really hurt"
"Lilly you have to tell me things you know if you want him to leave you alone you other wise have to stand up for your self. Which you can't cause that's my job so you have to tell me!"

I didn't wanna annoy her so I just cupped her cheeks and said "listen babe I know this isn't you ok cause you tell me everything and never hide it so if he ever threatens you don't be scared of him ok he can't do anything"

She just nodded and hugged me.
"Ok now go to sleep your probably exhausted" I fake smiled
I tucked her in bed and left the room once I heard her light snores

I went downstairs and called Luke immediately.
*ring*
*ring*
*ring*
"Hello"
"Hey Luke its me Rachel"
"Oh ya hey sorry I didn't save your name yet"
"It's ok but listen I know you're still with the boys but can you come to Daniels house like right now by yourself?"

"Ya of course but why is something wrong?"
"No nothing's wrong but can you hurry up"
I didn't wait for a response I just hung up and went to Jai's room.

"Jai seriously I'm not here to fight with you but you have a lot of nerves putting your hands on a girl"
"Oh my god I just pushed her now get over it"

"I mean when you pulled her across the woods by her hair"
He looked at me with wide eyes and said "what did she tell you about that day"
"She didn't explain it to me she said she didn't believe something you told her than you flipped and grabbed her by the hair when she tried to run"

He looked more relaxed now and said "well it's true what I did but I have a temper too it's not only Luke"
I scoffed and walked out of the room going downstairs.

I waited for Luke for 20 minutes and when he didn't show up I have up and started walking home.

Jai's pov:
After Rachel left the room I didn't move till I knew no one was in the house so when I heard the door close I practically jumped up and ran to Lilly's room.

I did my daily routine of making her day miserable and then watching her sleep.
Watching her sleep somehow makes me relax. I think it's her face that looks oh so innocent and her nose that sniffles every time there's movement in the room or when she whispers in her sleep.

But my favorite thing is when she has nightmares her fingers and neck twitch a few times and she talks a bit above a whisper.

*door knocking*
I was immediately bought out of my trance and to a knocking door downstairs.
I ran downstairs so Lilly wouldn't wake up.

I opened the door and saw that it was Luke. "What are you doing here" I asked rudely
"Where's Rachel she told me to come"
he said fast while looking around.
"You just missed her she left about 5 minutes ago"