Chapter 48

A few days passed without anything serious happening. Jimin and his gang were always busy with their mafia things. Sometimes with the company, but with Tae's help, everything was going absolutely great with it. The twins, dad and I also had time to bond as well, taking turns to train me. I got to say, I felt myself being different from the old me.

They taught me how to defend myself, although it wasn't easy, I wanted to quit the first few days but Alessio encouraged me to go on and I appreciated that.

The love between me and Jimin grew stronger than before. We went on dates, sometimes on double dates, with Tae and Abby, whenever we had the chance.

Jimin had also ordered two private investigators to tail Yang Shin wherever he went and to report whatever he did.

It was now in the evening when the whole family was having dinner in the dining room.

"I have three guests coming this side, Jimin, I hope you don't mind." father stated as he popped a piece of meat in his mouth.

"Oh. . . . well, as long as they're not a danger to the family," Jimin commented.

"Not at all. They're one of my best men, and they've been here in the country for almost two years." Riccardo said, gaining the attention of all the people in the room.

"I had assigned them a mission, and they have completed it. I think it's time you guys meet them, although you know each other." He continued as he sipped his wine.

"When are they coming?" I asked.

"I think they're about to arrive. . . . .." Just as he said the last word, one of the guards came to report.

"Boss, we have a situation. There are three people outside claiming that they were called here." the man spoke and Jimin looked at Riccardo for confirmation, on which he nodded.

"Let them in." Jimin commanded.

After a few minutes of waiting, three people entered the house. When I looked at them, boy, I was shocked to the core. I couldn't believe my eyes.

Namjoon, who was sitting next to me,  whispered a 'what the fuck'. We both looked at each other completely confused.

"Buongiorno, Capo (Good day, boss) the three people greeted the Italian mafia boss.

Their stance, the pose, and the aura around them completely changed. They weren't the bubbly and goofy people I knew. They were more serious than I've ever seen them.

"You. . . .you three, how come?" I questioned, the food completely forgotten.

"Hello, Y/N" Eunbi spoke.

"Hello, boss." She then turned to Namjoon.

To say that we were flabbergasted, would be an understatement.  We were beyond shocked by the revelation that unfolded before us.

"Eunbi. . . . .Jackson. . . . Sammy.  . .you. . . . .you work for my father?" I really couldn't believe my eyes.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, ohk, can someone please tell us what is happening right now?" Abby asked because she couldn't handle the suspense.

"Abby, these are my workmates , the friends that I told you about" I explained, looking at her.

"Ooohh, so these are the so called 'friends'?" Abby narrowed her eyes at them.

"Come on Abbs, this ain't the time to get jealous," She rolled her eyes.

"I'm not jealous" She argued, looking away.

"Sure you aren't." I chuckled a little. She's so cute when she's jealous.

"Well, without wasting any time, I'm sure all of you are curious. Let me introduce to you. . . .  the Three Spies ." Riccardo stood up and walked over to the three guests.

"The what?" I questioned, dumbfounded.

"Two years ago, I had sent them here to look for you. I told them to do whatever it takes to find any information related to you. Each little detail they found, they reported to me. They chose to work at the persona bar. But before that, Jackson was the only one who worked at the bar, little did he know that, you'll be coming right to him, right Jackson?" The Italian mafia boss explained and then he looked at the said person.

"Sì, Capo." (Yes, boss) Jackson replied in Italian. I looked at him and he smiled.

"When you started working there, that's when the girls joined the bar, I'd told them to keep an eye on you" Riccardo continued to speak as the room fell silent, people trying to absorb the new information.

"Wow. . .that's.  . .that's ummm.  . .a lot to take in. " I sighed as I rubbed my temple.

"So you guys knew all along? That i had a father?"
I looked at the spies .

". . . .and you didn't tell me?"

"We're sorry, we were just following orders." Eubi apologised.

"Look on the brighter side sis, we found you and they helped a lot, if it went for them, we probably could have been looking for you even  now" Adelina came to my side and hugged me.

"Yah, you're right, I guess I should thank you then." I turned to them, totally defeated.

"It's ohk, the relationship between us was real Y/N, don't ever think that we were just acting to get close to you, it was genuine." Eunbi came to my side and held my hands.

"Yes, Y/N, don't ever doubt that"  Jackson commented.

". . .and it was really fun being around you." Sammy said with a smile.

I nodded and looked at Jimin, only to find him already staring at me. He smiled and I did the same. Just looking at him eases my heart. He's my remedy.

"I suppose there are no more secrets?" I looked at my father and he chuckled.

"No dear, they're none."

I sighed and sat down.

The guests went and stood behind my father with their hands at the back.

"Come, you can all have a seat, let's eat together."  they were so reluctant to move their feet.

"We'd rather not" Sammy said and they all looked at their boss.

"Well, it's how they were trained. . . But, since they'd done a good job, I'll let them have dinner with us. How does that sound?"

"Thank you, dad, really!" I gave him a smile and gestured to our visitors to sit and eat with us.

When I was about to lift my fork, I felt Jimin's hand on my thigh. I looked at him and he gave me a reassuring smile together with a gentle squeeze. I put my hand on his and interlocked it.

We spent the night listening to Eunbi and the others, telling us their story of how they found their jobs and the things they'd experienced.

I guess everyone in life goes through a lot. Some people are lucky because they'd find a family or someone to depend on and others would be alone in this heartless and scary world.