Chapter 54

"You know, Viktor, something about that girl is familiar. I wonder if I've seen her somewhere."

Lee Yang Shin touched his chin as he tried to recall where he saw Y/N.

"Is it?" Asked Viktor.

"Yes. But I can't recall where."

"Maybe she resembles someone you know." The Russian man said.

"I don't know."

"Or maybe.  . . . .Someone who you killed or dated."

Yang Shin thought for a while. He tried really hard to remember where he had seen her.

"Aahh, now I know. I think." He grinned.

"Where?"

"I think it was a long time ago, but it wasn't her that I met. It was her mother." He stated as he looked at the man next to him.

"Oh, is she someone you dated?"

"No, Viktor. Someone I killed. If I remember very well, that time she saw me kill someone near the ally. So I couldn't just let her walk free. When she saw that I was alert, she ran away and I ran after her.

She thought she had lost me. I saw where she lived. So I let her enjoy her last breath. I came the next day and found her. She was alone but if I remember very well, there was a small picture on the table. I think it was her and the daughter. I guess she'd went to school. That really wasn't important, though. As long as she was away and there was no interruption.

The woman put up a good fight, honestly." Shin chuckled.

"It was only after a few minutes before I took her life. I made sure that no one was there and there were no witnesses this time."

"What do you think she'll say when she learns you killed her mother?" Viktor questioned.

"I can't wait to find out."

They both laughed.

* * * *

"What you gonna do with her?"

I heard a distant voice from where I was. I tried to move myself, but I was tied up. I slowly opened my eyes and groaned at the pain I felt in my head.

"Oh, look who's awake." The man who spoke earlier said.

As I looked around the room, there were several men guarding it.

The man who spoke had a Russian accent, and Lee Yang Shin was beside him.

"Hello there, daughter-in-law." My eyes almost fell to the floor when Yang Shin said that.

"You really look like your mother, you know." He continued.

Who was he referring to as daughter in law.. . And my mother?

He saw my confused look and said, "I mean you, sweetheart."

"I. AM. NOT. YOUR. DAUGHTER- IN- LAW, and I'll never be. And what do you know about my mother?"

"Should I tell her?" Shin asked the man next to him.

The man chuckled, "I don't see why not."

Yang Shin came close to me, and what he said next almost brought all the air away from my lungs.

"I killed your mother." He even said it with a grin.

"What?"

"Yah, like, she witnessed me killing a person, so I had to take care of her. You know, as a mafia, you're not supposed to let anyone live if they know your secret. So I had to kill her and erase the witness."