Chapter 5 (Orange Town Arc: Part 1)

A/N: Apologies for Luffy's behavior being a bit different than usual. It's quite challenging to capture his personality accurately.

Three members of Buggy's Pirate Crew were on their boat, surveying their loot for their captain when one of them noticed another vessel nearby.

"What's that over there!" he yelled.

"I don't know..." replied another.

They sailed over and discovered a girl, 18 years old, with orange hair, clad in a white t-shirt with red stripes and a yellow skirt.

"Please... Need food and water," she pleaded. "I have all the treasure you want. You can have it if you want..."

The pirates smirked among themselves and boarded the girl's boat. While they were distracted with her treasure, the girl sneaked onto their vessel and started sailing away.

"What, it's empty!" yelled one of the pirates.

"You can take the boat too... seeing how I took yours..." the orange-haired girl taunted.

They turned around and realized they had been tricked.

"Oh, look at the clouds... looks like a small squall is heading your way..." said the orange-haired girl with a smirk. She knew it was coming all along.

Sure enough, a small storm hit them, sinking their boat and leaving the pirate crew stranded.

"I did it!" proclaimed the orange-haired girl.

Meanwhile, Shiki and Luffy were explaining Shiki's powers to Zoro.

"So, from what you said... you can manipulate fire only to an extent..." observed Zoro.

"Yeah...for me to control lots of fire, I would have to have complete mastery of my element... and the only person who can help me with that left our village a few years ago," explained Shiki. "But my plan is to learn to control my element while in a life-and-death situation... that way it would be more effective," he grinned.

"You're crazy..." muttered Zoro.

"Yeah, I am," agreed Shiki, satisfied, and leaned back.

Shiki's stomach growled. "Oh man, I'm hungry again..." he remarked.

"Me too..." chimed in Luffy.

"So, where's the next destination?" asked all three people on the boat.

"What, how can you not know where the next destination is?" exclaimed Zoro.

"Hey, you've been out at sea longer than we have!" retorted Shiki.

"Moron!" spat Zoro, regaining composure.

"Bastard!" shouted Shiki.

After an hour of Shiki and Zoro calling each other names, Luffy and Zoro had a normal conversation. Meanwhile, Shiki laid down to take a small nap.

"So, what's your and Shiki's story?" inquired Zoro, referring to why they had no idea where they were going.

"Well, for us... drifting always worked best... the only reason we found you was because of Koby," explained Luffy. "You?"

"Well, I went to look for someone, having no idea where they were... when I couldn't find my way back home, I started taking bounty hunting jobs... something had to pay for living expenses," detailed Zoro.

Both Luffy and Zoro sighed as they decided to watch the clouds. Suddenly, a large bird flew above the boat.

"It looks big... you think we can eat it?" asked Luffy.