Chapter 14 (Syrup Village Arc: Part 5)

Kaya stood on top of the slope, and everyone looked at her...

"What a lovely surprise, Miss Kaya," said Kuro.

"Merry... Merry told me everything," said Kaya.

"Merry... he lived... I thought I killed him," said Kuro.

Kaya glanced at Usopp, who was bleeding badly from earlier attacks.

"Usopp... I'm sorry," Kaya began, "I just couldn't believe that Klahadore was a pirate... how... I can't believe you forgave me... and that you're bleeding because of me," she said, remorseful.

Usopp opened his mouth to respond but couldn't find the words at that moment.

"Please... please, Klahadore... if you want my fortune, just take it and leave," pleaded Kaya.

"It's not just your fortune I want, peace of mind. I've been gaining the trust of people in the village... I can actually relax here... and that is why the attack on the village and your accidental death will give me what I want," declared Kuro.

"Kaya, run!" yelled Usopp.

"He won't listen, just run!" urged Kiba.

Kaya pulled out a pistol from her jacket and pointed it at Kuro.

"Leave now," she demanded.

"Kaya... how much you've grown... And I've been there through a lot of it... even before your parents died and you became sick... remember those times we went sailing, and those times we went into town to shop. We laughed together and suffered together... I've been humoring you... I've just been waiting for this day... the day I could finally kill you," said Kuro, reminiscing.

Kaya dropped the gun... she couldn't bear to shoot him.

"You monster!" yelled Shiki, glaring at Kuro, wanting to rip his head off right then and there.

"Kuro, I'm going to do what I meant to do yesterday," said Usopp, determined.

"Don't do anything stupid, Usopp," warned Shiki before Usopp could act.

Usopp ran towards Kuro with his fist out... however, Kuro dodged and moved behind him.

"I should get revenge for what you little dog did to me," said Kuro, menacingly.

Luffy, about 10 feet away from Kuro, landed a Gum Gum Pistol on his face, knocking him out. Everyone stared at Luffy in astonishment.

"Did that guy's arm just stretch..." murmured one of the pirates who tried to attack Shiki.

"Captain Kuro is going to be really mad," commented another pirate.

"Nice one, brother..." said Shiki, giving a thumbs-up to Luffy.

Luffy returned the gesture with a grin.

"Ready!" a voice from the forest interrupted.

Suddenly, all members of Usopp's pirates jumped out of nowhere and smashed Kuro's face with blunt objects. Carrot had a frying pan, Onion had a shovel, and Pepper had a baseball bat. Then, they continued to hit him.

"I was right, they did get involved," sighed Shiki, facepalming.

"Run, guys!" yelled Usopp.

"It's dangerous," cautioned Nami.

"Please," pleaded Kaya.

"But we need to help!" protested Pepper.

"If we didn't, then we would be a disgrace to Usopp's pirates," added Carrot.