Chapter 51 (Drum Island Arc: Part 1)

Shiki managed to get Nami into the girl's room bed. About half of the crew were there too... well, more than half... really, the only one missing was Zoro.

"Is she going to die?" cried Sanji.

"I really don't know," said Shiki with a bit of worry. While he knew basic healing skills, he wasn't a doctor.

"It's probably the climate. One of the dangers of the Grand Line is encountering sickness caused by weather changes. Even the more notorious pirates suddenly get sick and die here," said Vivi. "Even the smallest cold can turn deadly."

"But this isn't a normal cold. I've seen people who had colds in the village, but not like this," said Shiki, tightening his fist.

"Shiki, are you all right?" asked Luffy.

"I'm fine, bro," said Shiki, putting on a brave smile.

"Don't worry, Shiki! All we need is meat, that will cure her! Right, Sanji?" said Luffy with a big smile.

That prompted Sanji to kick him in the head. That's when Vivi saw the thermometer.

"Oh no," said Vivi.

"What is it?" asked Shiki.

"Her temperature is at 104 degrees!" said Vivi. "She's getting worse."

"We can always take her to a doctor in Alabasta, right?" asked Shiki.

"How much farther is it?" asked Usopp.

"It should take us at least a week," said Vivi with a heavy sigh.

"Hey, I have a question, does it hurt to be sick?" asked Luffy with a bit of a laugh.

"I don't know, I've never been..." said the other boys, including Shiki.

"How can you even be human!" yelled Vivi. "Of course, it hurts!"

"How is she, Vivi?" asked Shiki.

"Right now she has a fever of 104 degrees," said Vivi. "It could kill her."

Shiki placed his hand on her forehead and felt the heat of her face.

"Whoa, she's burning up even more?!" said Shiki.

"She's going to die!" yelled Luffy.

Sanji cried, while everyone else but Shiki and Vivi ran around like chickens with their heads cut off, screaming.

"Shut up!" said Shiki in a calm, cool manner while cracking his knuckles. "The noise isn't good for her!"

The boys stared at Shiki and immediately calmed down. After all, it wasn't every day Shiki was like this.

"Right now, you need to be strong. We can't give up," said Shiki.

The boys all nodded.

"We need to figure out what's best for Nami right now," said Shiki. "Right now, the yelling isn't good for her."

"It's no good," said Nami as she got up.

"Hey! She's better!" cheered Luffy.

"Nami, come on! You need to rest," said Shiki.

Nami didn't listen. "Vivi, there's a newspaper in my desk," she said.

Sanji then realized, "Who's navigating?!"

"Zoro," answered Luffy and Usopp.

That's when Sanji ran to the deck and then glared at Zoro.

"What?" asked Zoro.

Sanji continued to stare at Zoro with his eye twitching. It was hard not to.

"Just spit it out already!" yelled Zoro.