Chapter 32

Everyone cheered and celebrated as Arlong was defeated. In the water, Sanji attempted to hug Nojiko, who in turn decided to hug Genzo. However, things were quickly cut short when Marines showed up.

"Hold it right there!" exclaimed the rat-like Marine.

"You!" yelled Nami.

"It's my lucky day. I saw the whole thing. Well done, though it must have been a fluke that two-bit pirates defeated the Fishmen," said the rat-like Marine.

Everyone stared at the Marine.

"Now, thanks to you, the gold I had to give to Arlong and all the treasure of Arlong Park is mine! Throw down your weapons. Your valiant deeds will go on the record of Colonel Nezumi of Marine Unit 16!" declared the Marine named Nezumi.

"Hey…" said a voice behind Nezumi.

He turned around and saw a very angry Shiki… "Everyone's celebrating… don't ruin the moment…"

"Oh, what are you going to do?" asked the Marine.

Five minutes later…

All the Marines lay in a pile, bloody and injured, while all the members of the Straw Hats stood above them.

"You better not mess with me… you'll regret it…" said Nezumi.

Nami walked over to Luffy, placed his hat back on, and gave Shiki his necklace. Then she quietly walked over to Nezumi. "This is for shooting Nojiko and wrecking Belle Mere's tangerine grove!"

She then whacked the Colonel hard with her staff, so hard that he flew into the water. Nami was about to strike him again, but Shiki stopped her and walked over while Nezumi was taking a breather.

"And this is for working with fish breath," said Shiki.

Shiki simply flicked him on the forehead, which sent him flying. He managed to swim back to shore where Nami was waiting for him. She grabbed his whisker-like mustache and began to lay down her conditions/demands: clean up the Fishman mess, help rebuild Gosa, don't take the money as it belongs to the people of the island, and give back her money.

"Okay, okay," said Nezumi.

She let go of him, and then he made his escape with his Marines. He turned towards the Straw Hats.

"You, Straw Hat! And Red Fist!" yelled Nezumi. The brothers looked at him. "You said your names were Luffy and Shiki, right?" said Nezumi.

There was silence as the brothers stared at him.

"I don't know which one of you is the Captain, but you're both going to get it!" said Nezumi. "Remember this! Both of you have incurred my wrath! Especially you, Red Fist! Something terrible is going to happen to the two of you! And both of you are going to get it back in spades!"

Then the Marines swam away.

"He said something terrible is going to happen…" said Sanji.

"Does it have to do with me becoming the king of the pirates?" asked Luffy.

"Or me becoming the strongest man…" said Shiki.

"It's not like that, idiots!" yelled Zoro.

"But what if something terrible does happen!" yelled Usopp.

But no one paid attention to Usopp.

Sometime later, while the islanders were getting ready for the party, at the village's clinic, the Doctor was stitching Zoro's wound while Sanji and Usopp waited outside.

"Still at it…" sighed Sanji.

"Even if the doctor tells him to heal up for a year, he won't listen…" said Usopp.