Chapter 52 (Drum Island Arc: Part 2)

That night, they anchored the ship, with Nami unable to navigate. Almost everyone slept by Nami's side, except for Sanji (who was voted to keep watch that night in case someone tried to attack).

The next day, Usopp, with Carue's help, was fixing the damage when Captain Hungry Hungry Hippo bit into the ship.

"I wonder if they'll return?" asked Usopp.

Sanji raised his eyebrow. "Who?" he asked.

"You know, the guys from yesterday," said Usopp.

"Don't care about them... they're a bunch of idiots. And if we do run into them again, I have a feeling Shiki and Luffy would deal with them," said Sanji.

"I see..." said Usopp with a sweat drop.

"Haven't you guys noticed it's been stable lately?" asked Sanji.

"It must mean we're approaching land. Sanji, keep a sharp lookout," said Vivi, who joined them on deck. "It must be a winter island."

"A winter island?" asked Sanji.

"Yes," said Vivi, who then began to explain the weather systems of the Grand Line: that each island has its own seasons—Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter—and each season on the islands is different from another. It's also the cause of the unpredictable weather patterns.

"You're right!" said Sanji from the crow's nest. "I see it!"

Below deck, the other girls, the D Brothers, and Zoro were watching over Nami.

"You hear, Nami? There's an island, so you're going to get cured soon," said Shiki.

There was an awkward silence as both Luffy and Shiki seemed to shift in their seats.

Later, the D Brothers were at the figurehead, with Luffy sitting on it.

"All right! We're almost to the island!" yelled Luffy. "It looks like a snow island!"

"I can't wait!" cheered Shiki.

"I think my 'can't-go-on-the-island' disease is acting up!" said Usopp.

Everyone ignored him once again.

As they approached the island, they realized that both Shiki and Luffy weren't bundled up.

"Aren't you two cold?" said Sanji.

Luffy began to think about something (for best results, hum the Jeopardy Song). "It's cold!" he yelled.

"You just noticed!" they yelled.

"Well, it doesn't matter to me! I'm perfectly warm thanks to my fire abilities... I don't need to bundle up!" said Shiki, who was telling the truth.

Sanji tossed him a bright red jacket. "Bundle up! People think you're crazy as it is!" yelled Sanji.

Reluctantly, Shiki put on the jacket... he didn't need it, he didn't want it... but he literally had no choice.

Sometime later, everyone but Nami (for obvious reasons) gathered on the deck.

"So, who's going to look for a settlement?" asked Zoro.

"I'll go!" yelled Luffy.

"Me too!" yelled Shiki and Sanji.

Before they could start searching, there was a call of "Stop right there! Pirates!"

They turned to see a group of men gathered at the shore, all of them pointing guns towards the ship.

"There are people here!" said Luffy.