Chapter 30 (Arlong Park Arc: Part 2)

Sanji had managed to defeat Kuroobi, a challenging battle that took place partly underwater and partly on land. In the midst of their fight, Sanji relayed crucial information to the others.

"Luffy's halfway okay," Sanji informed them.

Shiki's brow furrowed with concern. "What does that mean?"

"It means he's still alive, but I need to go back underwater to help him," Sanji explained, "But it looks like Arlong won't let me."

Arlong's menacing glare signaled imminent danger. Shiki, despite appearing fatigued, urged Sanji to prioritize rescuing his brother.

"Go, Sanji! I'll handle Arlong!" Shiki insisted.

"But Shiki, you're not looking too good yourself," Sanji protested.

"I'm fine. Just save my brother," Shiki reassured him.

However, Arlong had other plans. He launched a small amount of water at Shiki, who managed to dodge it, but not without consequences. Shiki began coughing up blood, leaving everyone baffled.

"Thankfully, Shiki has his unique healing abilities," Zoro remarked.

"But what just happened?" Sanji questioned, bewildered.

Meanwhile, Nami, having tended to her self-inflicted wound, made her way back to Arlong Park.

Back at the park, Shiki rose to his feet, wiping blood from his mouth.

"Sorry, Arlong, but I'm not your average human," Shiki declared. "I've eaten a Devil Fruit."

"A Devil Fruit? That explains a lot," Arlong conceded arrogantly.

Their rematch commenced, with both combatants unleashing their raw power and skill. Shiki delivered a devastating blow to Arlong's stomach, prompting retaliation. In a surprising move, Shiki used his own face to deflect Arlong's punch, then followed up with a punishing knee strike.

The intense battle continued, captivating everyone's attention.

"I didn't realize Shiki was this formidable," Zoro remarked.

"Me neither," Usopp agreed.

"Why don't you give up, you pathetic human!" Arlong taunted as he launched a relentless barrage of punches.

"You think you can defeat me?" Shiki retorted, blocking Arlong's attacks.

As Arlong lifted Shiki by the collar, the temperature in the air began to rise, causing discomfort for the Fishman. However, before Shiki could capitalize on this, Nami's voice rang out, demanding Arlong's attention.

"Nami!" Arlong growled.

"Nami?" Shiki echoed, surprised.

"Nami!" Sanji exclaimed happily.

Arlong released Shiki and turned to face Nami, engaging her in conversation. He presented her with a chilling ultimatum: if she declared allegiance to the Straw Hats, the villagers would perish; if she sided with Arlong's crew, the Straw Hats would meet their end. The choice lay in her hands.

Nami stood in contemplation, grappling with Arlong's ultimatum.

"You don't have to answer that," Shiki interjected confidently. "Because I'm going to kick his ass and win, then we'll go on adventures again."

"Really?" Nami questioned.

Shiki nodded, flashing her a peace sign.

Arlong's fury ignited. "You're still arrogant, thinking you can beat me. Your brother is already dead; all that's left is you."