Chapter 55 (Drum Island Arc: Part 5)

At the castle, Rumi, Dr. Kureha, and Chopper, who was in full reindeer form, stood in front of Wapol. Rumi glared at Wapol. She knew she could take him down easily, but the ill omen seemed directed at Chopper, not her. With all the emotional stress Wapol had placed on Chopper, no wonder she had won that poker game.

"Well, if it isn't Iron Fist Rumi," said Wapol with a snort. "I wouldn't expect an outsider not bound by our laws to understand..."

"There's no way I'm letting you get past me! I may not be an official resident of the country, but I will protect this castle!" said Rumi, glaring at Wapol. "It's now a mausoleum for Dr. Hiriluk."

"What!" yelled Wapol. "How can it be a mausoleum for that fool! Don't make me laugh."

"Get away from here! Drum Kingdom is no more, and you really don't want to incur my wrath, do you?" asked Rumi with a smirk.

Before Wapol could say anything, a certain rubber man joined the fray. "It's that guy! I have a score to settle!"

Luffy used Gum Gum Bullet to send the fat man flying off the cliff—well, almost. His two henchmen caught him.

"Those guys again?" asked Sanji.

"That was awesome, Luffy!" yelled Shiki, giving him a thumbs up.

"All right! I don't have to hold back this time!" said Luffy with a big smile.

"How dare you do that to King Wapol!" yelled the afro man.

"I don't care if he's a king... he stinks!" yelled Luffy, sticking his tongue out.

"So you know them?" asked Rumi.

"Yeah, they're pirates that attacked us several times!" yelled Luffy.

"They keep getting in the way!" yelled Shiki.

That's when both of them began to think.

"Didn't they say he was a king!" yelled the D Brothers.

"Took you long enough..." said Sanji with a sweat drop.

"Hey, it's cold," yelled Luffy, who wasn't wearing a jacket.

"You just realized that too!" yelled Sanji.

Then Wapol got up. "You will feel my wrath!" he yelled.

"My brother went to get a jacket," said Shiki, pointing to the castle. "I'd give him mine, but he already left."

"Can I ask you something?" asked Chopper.

"What is it?" asked Shiki.

"That boy just stretched, right? How did he do that?" asked Chopper.

"Well, he's a rubber man..." said Shiki.

"What's that?" asked Chopper.

"Well... it's hard to say..." said Shiki. "He's unique, I guess... like me..."

"What do you mean?" asked Chopper.

Shiki smirked and made a flame with his index finger.

Chopper blinked at Shiki...

"So you really think I care about this castle? I already took what I need from here," said Rumi. "Sure, it's nice living in a castle, but a certain someone insisted on turning this place into a memorial for a certain doctor."

That's when Chopper transformed into his "human" form.

"It's that monster that followed Hiriluk!" yelled Wapol's men.

"Dr. Hiriluk just wanted to save this country. I won't let you set one foot in this castle, and I won't let you take down his banner of faith!" yelled Chopper, motioning to a Jolly Roger on the roof that was covered in several cherry blossom petals.