Chapter 56 (Drum Island Part 6)

They watched as something emerged from Wapol… it was big, it was huge, it was named Chessmarimo. However, it seemed like only their clothes had merged, with one of them giving the other a piggyback ride.

"It's so cool!" yelled both Shiki and Luffy.

"Both of you are idiots!" Sanji retorted.

"Don't underestimate them," Rumi warned. "If they weren't strong, the people would have rebelled a long time ago."

"You're a monarch… why didn't you at least rebel for them?" Shiki asked with a sweat drop.

"I don't technically live in this country. Unless someone paid me, maybe then I would have," Rumi replied nonchalantly.

Dr. Kureha sighed. "I tried convincing her, but she didn't agree," she said.

This made everyone else sweat drop.

Wapol began a grandiose speech about how no one shall defy him. His first act was to tear down the flag, which he did with one of his cannon arms, bringing it down.

Meanwhile, in Big Horn, things had calmed down. Thanks to Wapol's 20 doctors, Dalton had survived. Now, the town was mostly at peace. During this lull, Vivi was trying to convince the others to climb the mountain.

"Vivi… calm down. You worry too much," Usopp said. "Luffy, Sanji, and Shiki are with them. Have faith; she's in good hands."

Vivi sighed and nodded. He was right. "Thank you, Usopp," she said.

Then there was a loud commotion. They turned to see Dalton trying to leave.

"Dalton!" Vivi called out.

"Who is he again?" Zoro asked.

"Maybe if you didn't get lost, you'd know," Usopp said with a sweat drop.

"This is our chance to be free! We must fight him now or live as slaves!" yelled Dalton.

"But you're hurt!" yelled a random townsperson.

"I'm going to fight no matter the cost, even if I have to become a villain myself!" Dalton shouted.

Usopp looked at Dalton and knew he had to do something. He decided on a course of action.

"Climb on, I'll carry you," Usopp said.

Back at the castle, they watched as the flag fell from the castle. Chopper looked like he was about to cry.

"Reindeer… that flag," Luffy said, noticing Chopper's distress.

There was a silence. "What have you done to Doctor's flag!" Chopper yelled, tears streaming down his face.

He ran under Chessmarimo, then transformed into his "human" form and aimed a punch at Wapol’s face. But he stopped himself, thinking about his mentor.

"I won't hurt you… but you'll have to leave immediately and never return," Chopper said.

"Chopper, don't try to reason with him!" Rumi shouted. "He's nothing but scum. In this world, there's only one person worse than him."

"But..." Chopper hesitated.

Wapol shot him with one of his cannon arms.

"Oh no…" Rumi said, eyes wide with concern.

"Chopper!" Dr. Kureha yelled.

"Hey, Hungry Hungry Hippo!" Luffy yelled from the top of the mountain.

They looked up and saw Luffy tying the flag back to the roof using Nami's jacket sleeve.