Chapter 35 (Loguetown Arc: Part 3)

Shiki glanced up at Luffy, a bead of sweat rolling down his forehead.

"I don't think Luffy realizes the danger he's in," Shiki thought to himself. "But I should help him," he said aloud.

"You're not going to help him," a member of Buggy's crew interjected, pointing guns at Shiki.

"Not if I kick your asses first," Shiki retorted.

With a swift motion, Shiki lightly slapped away the pirate who then cried out in pain, dropping his guns. Four of Buggy's pirates attempted to restrain Shiki, but he effortlessly performed a spinning kick, knocking them out cold.

Meanwhile, Nami and Usopp headed back to the ship.

"Nami, what's going on? Why are we headed back to the ship? Shouldn't we be helping Luffy?" Usopp inquired.

"A storm's coming," Nami replied.

"What?" exclaimed everyone else.

"The temperature and air pressure have been steadily dropping. This is the calm before the storm. If there's a commotion in the town square, there will be a ton of soldiers. What will happen if we try to escape and there's no ship?" Nami reasoned.

"What! That would be really bad!" Usopp exclaimed, running away, causing Nami to sweat drop.

Meanwhile, the Marines observed the scene.

"Do we attack?" a Marine asked.

"What's the hurry?" Smoker questioned.

"There appears to be someone fighting the pirates," another Marine reported.

"What?" Kuro said, grabbing a pair of binoculars.

Peering through them, he saw his adversary, Shiki, and scoffed before breaking the binoculars.

"Kuro," Smoker addressed him, shaking his head.

"When Luffy's head rolls, surround Buggy, Alvida, Shiki, and the rest," Smoker commanded.

Back at the execution scaffolding, Shiki was systematically taking down his captors with kicks and punches.

"What is this kid?" one of Buggy's men exclaimed. "We're some of the strongest in his crew, and we can't even land a single hit!"

Luffy declared, "I am going to be King of the Pirates!"

Shiki hurried forward and unleashed a roundhouse kick, sending most of the pirates flying into the sky. He followed up with a Blaze Machine Gun, knocking them all out.

"Shiki!" someone yelled.

Turning around, Shiki saw Zoro and Sanji.

"Zoro! Sanji!" Luffy exclaimed.

"So you two have come!" Buggy taunted. "But a second too late!"

Meanwhile, with the Marines...

"It's Pirate Hunter Roronoa Zoro!" one of the Marines exclaimed.

"The bounty hunter?" Smoker questioned.

"But there have been reports that he has been working with the Monkey brothers and their pirates!" the Marine added.

"How did they get a pirate hunter to join..." Kuro pondered.

Tashigi peered through the binoculars and recognized Zoro.

"No way! It's him!" she exclaimed.

Back at the square, the trio rushed to help Luffy and headed towards the platform.