Chapter 26 (Cocoyashi Arc: Part 1)

Usopp was still shocked at the information they had just received: first, Nami being part of Arlong's Crew, and now, they were staying at her house.

"Yes, this is her house. She and I were orphans... but the one who raised us is dead," said Nojiko. "But years ago, the three of us lived happily together here in Cocoyashi Village."

"She betrayed her own people to join Arlong's crew... that's horrible," said Usopp.

"So what is your business with her?" asked Nojiko.

"We came looking for her," said Usopp. "She was supposedly our navigator."

"Really... she was a pirate? The witch?" said Nojiko.

"So what are we going to do? Go get the ship, find Luffy and Shiki and tell him the truth?" said Kiba.

"Ship, do you mean the one down there?" asked Nojiko, pointing out the window.

Right outside the window was the Going Merry... well, it wasn't right outside, but Usopp could see it from the window.

"I think I'm getting the idea of the layout of the island," said Usopp.

Usopp then realized something... Zoro.

"Oh man!" yelled Usopp.

Meanwhile, in Arlong Park, Zoro sat on the ground tied up, glaring at the Fishman that held him captive, especially Arlong, a big sawfish-like Fishman.

"I told you I'm looking for a woman, you damn dirty half-fish," said Zoro.

"Honestly, human, do you think you can get away by saying those things?" said the Fishman.

"I think I can," said Zoro with a smirk.

"I don't think cutting you to ribbons will help anything... you must understand that we Fishmen are superior to humans... We Fishmen are evolved humans who have developed the ability to breathe underwater. We can do a lot of things you can't do. We Fishmen are the lords of creation and..." said Arlong.

"Arlong, I'm tired of that theory of yours," said a very familiar voice—it belonged to Nami.

"Nami..." said Zoro, shocked.

"Now Nami, don't be offended, you are different," said Arlong. "You're my talented and esteemed surveyor, the pride of my crew."

"My brain's just different than yours... it works," said Nami.

"Surveyor... Nami... are you in cahoots with them?" said Zoro.

"So Nami, do you know him?" said Arlong.

"Not at all... just some guy I stole treasure from," said Nami as she walked towards Zoro. "He just followed the loot... I knew he would follow me but not make it this far."

"So this is the real you," said Zoro.

"Surprised? I was an offer in Arlong's crew the whole time," said Nami.

"What about the crew?" said Zoro.

"Oh, the crew... I only used you to get me treasure," said Nami.

Arlong laughed, "I don't know what you're talking about, but it sounds like she tricked more than you... after all, trickery is her specialty... she's someone who even forgave the death of a parent for money!"

Nami flinched when she heard that sentence.

"Trickery and treasure stealing is her specialty," said Arlong.

"I see... I always thought you couldn't be trusted... I'm not surprised... she could even be a murderer," said Zoro, glaring at Nami.

"That's okay... and now that you know the truth, just forget me and the treasure... just leave," said Nami.