LEFT A SCAR IN OUR HEARTS

Zoe's mum's POV

Beholding the lifelessness that engulfs this house before me, being reminded each time of the laughter that used to fill this halls but isn't no more.

I knew i was in blame for all this, and i deserved it all. I would have defended her when i had the chance, i would have been a good mother to her when she needed me the most but there is nothing to be done now. What's done is done.

She's gone.

And i regret every piece of it.

Since my baby left, it's like this home lost it's touch. Can it even be called a home anymore because basically a home is where your heart is but presently it isn't here for as she left, She took our hearts along with her.

There's no passing minute that i don't think about her, or her wellbeing. Is she eating well? Where is she now? Hope she is faring well?. All these questions finding refuge in my mind all at the same time.

I can't help it!!!

She is my light
My Hope
My Precious baby
She is the bridge that holds our home together, but now that she's gone i feel my family depreciating by each passing second and i feel so bad for it.

Looking at the other end of the sitting room, i knew i wasn't the only one feeling this way because as i see him i knew he blames himself as the cause of it, of which is true because if he didn't do what He did we would have not been in this situation in our lives. But this is not the time to blame anyone because it has already been done.

I'm so sure deep down, He still loves and misses her so much like i do even if he tries to cover it so well. Gathering the courage to confirm my thoughts, i ask the one and only question i have been dying to ask,

"Honey, do you miss Zoe?" I said expectantly for his answer, even when i can see through him his reply.

I knew He didn't expect that question so it was a shock to him and He indeed showed it because since she left, we haven't discussed any thing about the incident so i'm not surprised of his behaviour.

After a few minute of pausing what He was doing, He finally said

"Why do you bring this up, all of a sudden?"

"Please just tell me dear, i want to know" I requested pleadingly

Few minutes of thinking, He sighed
"Yes" while massaging his temples which He always does when he is stressed.

"But there's nothing we can do now to solve it, She's gone and it's all my fault" He added breaking down in tears before me.

I have never seen him this heart broken before..

On impulse, I went to sit beside him with only one mission in my mind to comfort him and He responded so positively by hugging me.

"We can still do something, we can go out and look for her" I suggested feeling a little hope.

"But what if we can't find her?"

"We will because our God will protect and deliver her to us safely" I said with faith

"I don't even know what came over me that day, it was like i was..."

"Another person, Yes we all were not ourselves that day" I said completing his statement.

"I pray she can forgive us and accept to come back home" He said now resting his head on my shoulder.

"I know our baby girl and what she can do" I said smiling faintly which led to a few minutes of silence between us.

But then an idea popped into my head, and it clicked...This can only be God.

Why didn't i think of this sooner?

"I know where she might be" I said standing up out of excitement but not before He removed his head from my shoulder.

"So what are we waiting for, let's go!!" He said also standing up too.

"But what if she isn't there?"

"Well we just have to find out"

"Alright" He smiled and like that we scarried out of the house with only one thing on my mind.

To get my baby back,
My Baby Pronto...