DRENCHED IN LOVE.

Amy's POV

"So just add a little bit of salt and mix it very well" She instructed, making me follow each step she says.

So it's almost dinner time, in which I am the one cooking. Usually I just eat at a fast room restaurant or at Zoe's place because I have to say I'm not really much a good cook but today I decided to video call Aunt Rachel to help me cook...She has been more than an aunt to me but a mum I always wished for and I really cherish her alot. She basically raised me and my brother because she has always been around to attend to our needs not like our parents.

The thought of my parents always made me sad so I had to push it away from my mind, not wanting it to worsen my day.

So where was I? Hmm... Yup, so now we are cooking my favorite but popular home food "Pepper sliced sauce with yam". It's very delicious if you get to taste it and also very spicy.

"Also go and check if the yam is okay enough to eat, it should neither be too soft or hard" She added and I did as she said.

"It's ready, I have switched off the gas cooker" I said informing her.

"Good, then cut some onions in little bits and..."

"Aunty!!!... Please one thing at the time, I'm not through with the other one before we know it you bring another" I complained placing my hand on my waist.

I know I might be behaving a little bit lazy but you can't blame me, I'm not still used to all these up till now.

"Hey Kiddo don't go all miss bossy on me, it isn't me that called her aunt to help her cook a simple dish." She said scoldingly

"You can't blame me here, I just needed a little help" I said acting like a baby.

"Well then since you just needed little help, I think my job here is done. Might as well end the call" She said motioning to end the call.

"No!!!, I was just joking with you" I stopped her.

"Good" She said smiling

"You are just so dramatic aunt Rachel" I said smiling

"Well that's where you got it from" She smirked and that made us all laugh.

Our moment of laughter was suddenly interrupted by the door bell.

Ding dong

"Whose there?" I called out kinda confused. Who can be at the door at this time?

Ding dong

"Um Aunt Rachel, someone's at the door. Will talk to you later ma"

"Alright my dear, I will just end the call now. Bye" She said waving me good bye.

"Bye Aunty" And with that, she ended the call.

"I couldn't wish for a another Aunt, Thank you Lord for everything" I said in my heart with gratitude.

Ding dong

"I'm coming! I'm coming!" I said making my way to the door and opening it, not expecting the one that was before me right now.

"Zoe?" I said in disbelief. I can't believe she's here, Don't get me wrong it's not like I'm not happy to see her but...she shouldn't be here at this time of the day. What happened to her place?.

"What are you doing here?"

"Will you not allow me in first before the interrogation" She said smiling a little but I knew she wasn't okay her smile didn't get to her eyes like it normally did, And it was at that moment I began to notice her appearance. Oh she looked so awful, as if she was pushed into a pool of water which made me wonder but I quickly remembered that it actually did rain.

"Yeah I know I look awful, please can I come in" She said as if reading my mind.

Or Wait did I just say that at loud?....Of course I did

"Yes, where are my manners?" I said letting her in and she entered, making me lock the door behind me.

"So what happened?, Hope everything is okay?" I asked sitting down and motioning her to do the same.

"Well My parents just told me to leave the house" She shrugged acting like everything is okay when it's not.

"WHY?" I exclaimed feeling overwhelmed.

I couldn't find it in my heart to believe.

So she started to narrate the ordeal to me and at the end of it, all I could feel within me was just to hold her close comforting her all the best I can and that's what I did.

"Oh Baby come over here" I said motioning her to sit by my side, and she did as I said resting her head on my shoulder and snuggling close to me.

I really feel sorry for her, because she has passed through a lot just these few days. I pray God help her in these times.

"So what are you going to do now?" I asked curiously hoping in my heart, her faith in God hasn't gone low.

"I will just continue to live my normal life like nothing happened and put my trust in God nonstop" She said so calmly.

"And what happens to the show, are you still going to continue?" I inquired

"Yeah I guess....Amy I have come this far and I can't stop now" She said with determination making me love her the more.

This is the Zoe I know, the one who became my best friend. She never backs down on a fight.

Feeling so proud of the woman she is becoming, all I could do was to thank the Lord but then I sensed a danger coming making me afraid of what's ahead.

I know He is warning me for something big but what is it?

"You know it's easier said than done right, Do you think they will stop until you finally close that show?" I said afraid.

"Then let them come, I am ready!" She said confidently oblivious to what I'm feeling now. I can't tell her so that it doesn't get to worry her but all I can do now is to pray for a revival to happen. But still deep inside me I know they won't prevail because they are messing with the All powerful consuming fire.

"But...um Amy can I ask you for favour?" She said unsure, breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Of course my dear, Any problem?" I said focusing my full attention on her.

"Can I spend the night with you until I can find somewhere to stay?"

"Yes, you can even spend as much time as you want to and the house is sometimes lonely so you being here is a blessing to me. We can even invite Precious for sleep over sometimes " I exclaimed excitedly and then I heard.

"Thank you Amy for being a wonderful friend, God bless you for me"

"Nah it's no biggie, God bless you too. So I think you might be so hungry by now and thank God I was just cooking dinner so let me go and serve it" I said standing up, arranging myself properly because of the amount of time I spent sitting down.

"Wait you cooked?, that's impossible" She said smirking knowingly at me, because she knows how I usually react to cooking.

"Okay so I kinda asked Aunt Rachel for little help, but don't criticize my cooking skills. What do you think I have been surviving on for the past five years in this house?" I said playfully hitting her arm.

"Fast food delicacies and my parent's food but we all know your cooking is terrible" She said smiling at me.

"Well let the cooking do the talking, just wait and see" I said walking up to the kitchen, not before thanking God for giving me the opportunity to make her smile again.