BLAME GAME

I pushed the shopping wagon so hard that it made a loud screeching sound which attracted all eyes landing on me. I have to say, i became a little bit embarrassed and conscious of myself for just that fleeting minute, but later regained my composure and behaved as if nothing happened but of course not without apologising for the ruckus i just made. With time everything went back to normal with each person going back to his own business.

I am currently at the shopping mall picking up some groceries to go. Funnily i woke up this morning greeted by a list of a few nessecities which i needed to get for the house and when i said "Few nessecities" i meant it or at least that's what mum said.

So back to what i was saying, Shockingly someone finished the last jar of milk we had in the fridge... Not guessing who it was, i knew instantly it was Dad.

He has always had a sweet tooth for it.

So here i am at the mall shopping, surprisesingly with a wagon filled with a very huge amount of goodies than i could not imagine.

A Few things indeed huh?....Typical mum.

Now i have to find a way to get all these safely to the house and it's times like this i get to appreciate God more for my ability to drive, because miraculously i used my parent's car to get here. No wonder i had this burden in my spirit to carry it along even if the mall wasn't really far from our house.

Indeed, The Holyspirit is the best.

Finally picking the last item on my list, i made my way slowly with the wagon in my hand to the cashier's stand which i saw from afar until i spotted an awfully farmiliar figure not too far from me which left me strickened with fear cutting my steps short.

It couldn't be...

There she is beautiful as ever, i could still remember her gorgeous face even if we really didn't have a good stand-alone conversation the last time we met. Just the sight of her opened the fresh wound of an awful memory that i am still trying to forget or maybe that was just what i thought... The one of the incident i had with Amaka at the hospital.

Oh Amy!, just the thought of you aches my heart so much.. It's been some weeks since Toni was hopitalised and i must say, it hasn't been easy for me and also my parents too. Each passing minute, my mind keeps replaying all the fun times we all shared that it has made it hard for me, not to think about their wellbeing even if i wasn't allowed to keep in touch with them since that day Amy blamed me for the incident.

But Still My parents keeps visiting them each day at the hospital to keep taps on Toni's condition while still keeping me updated but as far as i could tell, there still hasn't been progress.

He's still in Coma and hasn't responded to any medical attention given to him which isn't encouraging at all.

Trying not to think too much about it, i focused my attention on what was important to me right now which is Toni's mum. And as if feeling eyes on her, she turned to my direction and our gaze locked...

Immediately what flashed in her eyes was recognisation wrapped around with....fatigue. Barely looking at her i could tell she hasn't slept for days and has been crying but she's still hides it so well but i could still see through her even with all the makeup..

Still in my observation mode, i did not notice she had left her former position and was now in front of me. And also, she too was taking note of how i looked and i bet she noticed the effect her son had on me..

Noticing we have just been standing there and staring at each other for some time now, i decided to break this awkward moment but she beat me to it.

"Hello dear" She greeted with a small smile.