FACED WITH THE TRUTH

Beholding the inscription "God loves sinners Hospital" written boldly
from afar. I knew it could only mean one thing, we are finally here.

With a sad countenance, I took a look at my mum and Dad to know if they too were feeling the same way i was feeling, and it seemed they were not exempted from it. They were sitted at the front seats of the car; Dad is the one driving while mum is sitting on the one beside him. Sadly they too were trapped by the snares of evil memories this place brought to us.

It always had creepy impact on us each time. The lawn, the building, the environ They all still remind us of what we lost here years back and couldn't get back. One that brought joy to our hearts at first but was snatched away from us forcefully.

The One of my Grand mum dieing in my arms... I can never forget that day. When she laid lifeless on the hospital bed, Her weak cold hands wrapped around my mine untill it could hold no longer. Even on her dying bed, She still radiated Hope of a wonderful life waiting for her after her departure from this world which i could not really comprehend when i was a kiddo but now i do, only that moment i had with her before she had her last breath was the one i cherished so much till date.

My Grand mum has always been so good to me, she has always been my role model and me being her number one right hand grandchild made us inseparable because she carried me every where she went to.

She was a Great woman of God who was always out to help anyone the lord placed in her hands, it was even through her i got to know Christ. He used her to bring me to Him and i will always be grateful to Her for making herself available for the Master's use. Indeed Her life on earth was an impactation and a blessing to me and to many others and her memories will forever be in our Hearts.

Now enough with the sad story, on to why we are here. After that shocking revelation we had, Me and my parents decided to rush down to the allocated hospital to be sure of the possibility of Toni being involved in that accident.

I decided not to call Amy because we are not certain yet and don't want to raise any false alarm, besides if something really happened Amy would have phoned me by now so there is no problem i guess or that was what i thought and here we are driving into the parking lot of the Hospital.

Immediately the car was put to a park, we got down and Dad locked the car making sure it was secured. As we made our way to the entrance, i could feel the anxiety that was rising in us right now of what might be the outcome of this visit.

Finally getting in the building, the stench of antiseptics and drugs greeted me with full force which made me want to puke. This is another reason why i hate coming to the Hospital. Sighting the receptionist at the corner of the waiting room, we made our way to meet her with Dad actually at the front leading us.

"Good afternoon Madam" Dad greeted with a smile which made the lady look up from what ever she was doing.

"Good afternoon sir, How may i help you?" She asked nonchalantly which i quickly observed, contradicts what she ought to do as one occupying this office.

She ought to be nice and outspoken but here we are getting the opposite.

The receptionist who i figured would be in her early twenties was wearing a red chiffon top which was tucked in properly in a black long office trouser. I must say she is a sight to behold, young and beautiful but something about her doesn't go well with me.

Her face was painted with frustration and fatigue as if she was tired of something or someone was bothering her, which was shocking for someone this young.

What can possibly turn her like this?

Seeing her in this state made me begin to reason that there might be other people in this world like her, that has lost hope in life in one way or the other which was devasting. Our Lord Jesus has brought us a way to all be happy and free, so why must people still be captives of Satan's lies and deceit all because they have not heard the gospel of Jesus christ.

No it can't continue this way!!

With determination and a burden placed on my heart for this people, i made sure to add them to my intercession list and also to put more effort and time to the show because the knowledge of Him must reach to the far corners of the world.

"Pls we would love to know if the family of The Zions checked in recently for any issue?" Dad asked drawing me to the present.

"Who are you to them please?" She asked while looking through a big bundle of files she got from her desk drawer.

"Well we are family friends, My daughter is a close friend to their children"

"Okay well just sign this files individually and you all can go in, An ambulance brought their son in a few hours ago and the family are currently in the ER, the emergency room" She said.

Hearing that information, My heart skipped in fear. Indeed my fears are coming to reality before my very eyes. I wanted to cry but i couldn't, i don't want to rush into conclusion yet until i behold it myself.

"Thank you very much dear" Mum said after we all have signed and written our names down, I knew she was trying to compose herself after what she just heard.

"No problem, just go by your left straight up and at the end of the hallway you will see the room" She said directing us.

"Thank you" Dad this time speaking.

After that we made our way according to the direction she gave to us. Walking through the hallway in silence, every man confiding in his thoughts we eventually arrived at our destination.

Taking a look at my parents, i knew they were trying all their best to put their selves together for what was behind the other side of the door. They were affected by all this but they still put on  brave faces just to comfort me, so that i won't be afraid and i am really grateful for that because i'm in need of this right now.

Comfort...

Dad taking the first bold step knocked on the door which followed after a voice from inside which sounded so familiar.

"Come in!!"

With no words needed, my parents opened the door and entered into the room with me behind.

Bracing myself for what i will see behind that door, I had this confidence in me that made me less afraid.

"I can do this" I murmured to myself and finally entered with boldness but what i saw made all that confidence flush away.

Oh.... No!!

AUTHOR'S NOTE

*Looks at me with bombastic eyes👀*

Okay i know, Another cliff hanger😅😂... I just love it🥰. Do you think i reduce the suspense i'm giving🤔? Nah....it's worth it😆.

See you guys in the next chapter
Love you😍!!!