THE CRASH

Being woken up by the light beam peeking into my room, directly at my face. I suddenly realized it was already morning, Feeling still tired and reluctant to stand up, i wanted to go back to sleep but i knew i had to get up so that's what i did.

Not forgetting to have my quiet time with My Saviour, I knelt down on my knees and poured out my Heart to Him in the manner of thanksgiving. I knew i couldn't thank Him enough for How yesterday turned out but i could thank Him some more. After that heartfelt connection with Him, I picked up my Bible to study and to get His word for me today.

As i was studying His word it was as if He was directly talking to me and i could feel His presence right beside me, Times like this with Him are always worth every second, that's why i never fail to always be in His presence. Finally rounding up my bible study, i began to get ready for the big day ahead of me.

While getting dressed and feeling like the princess i am, The thought of Toni popped into my head that i instantly remembered about His flight yesterday. He should have landed in london by now and would have informed me of His safe arrival or Amy would have but None of them didn't which was strange.

It wasn't like Toni to behave like that. Maybe He just forgot to call due to the aftermath of the stress during the flight, I will just have to call Him later.

Finally ready, i left my room and made my way down the stairs to the living room but what i saw felt me shocked. To my greatest surprise, the whole living room was decorated as if there would be a party here, balloons and decorations all around and it didn't end there, there was a big poster with the inscription "Welcome back Home Baby!!!" on it hanged majestically in the living room.

In loss of words, all i could do was stare at the beautiful scene before me. I really didn't deserve the love they are showing me right now and i would be indebted for it. Feeling a pool of tears forming in my eyes, i tried to compose myself. i can't cry now when they are expecting me to be happy about their surprise.

In the state of looking for a way to distract myself from tearing up, my nose took notice of a wonderful smell coming from the kitchen meaning Mum is cooking something delicious. Thanking God for the diversion, all i could do at that moment was saviour this mouth watering aroma...

My mum has always been the best cook i have ever seen, you can tell that's where i got my chef skills from. Only the aroma of her cooking can make one's mouth a pool of water which i was currently, and i couldn't hide the urge to rush into that kitchen and dig into the food but i had to hold myself because there was important matters which i had to attend and that was to greet my Dad which i spotted watching the News on the television.

"Good morning Dad" I said smiling walking over to him and giving Him a big hug.

"Good morning Sunshine, How was your night rest?" He smiled facing His full attention on me while returning the hug joyfully.

"Fine Dad" I said smiling after detangling ourselves.

"Good, Looks like your Mum is cooking a feast for your return" He smirked.

"Yeah i noticed that" I said giggling. "But she didn't have to do all this and besides it's just going to be three of us that's all, don't you think all this is too much? "

"Nope besides i don't blame your mum, nothing is too big for our sunshine." He said pinching a little part of my cheek like a baby which made me smile.

What you get when you are the only child.

"Just let her be for the moment, okay?. She really missed you a lot when you were gone"

"Okay Dad" I said finally giving up.

"Good that's my baby girl!. Now run along, your mum needs all the help she can get today for the event so go and help her prepare before the guests arrives"

"Okay Dad" I said leaving the living room.

"Good morning Mum" I greeted entering the kitchen to meet the sight of the woman who wants to make this day memorable for me.

I couldn't ask for another Mum.

"Good morning Zoe Love, Pls can you help momma to clean the dinning area before the food gets ready?" My mum asked me while cooking.

"Okay ma" I said and obeyed what she told me to do but while i was doing that, a despicable thing happened which made me halt.

𝘽𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙉𝙚𝙬𝙨
𝘼 𝙋𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙚 𝙘𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙝 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙧𝙚𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙙𝙖𝙮 𝙖𝙨 𝙞𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙮. 𝙁𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝘼𝘽555 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙧𝙚𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙨𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙩𝙧𝙮'𝙨 𝙘𝙖𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙖𝙡 𝙥𝙤𝙧𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙇𝙤𝙣𝙙𝙤𝙣 𝙗𝙪𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙞𝙨𝙨𝙪𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙋𝙤𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙖 𝙙𝙚𝙛𝙖𝙪𝙡𝙩 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙚'𝙨 𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙚. 𝘾𝙖𝙨𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙘𝙤𝙣𝙛𝙞𝙧𝙢𝙚𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙛𝙚𝙬 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙫𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙙𝙚𝙚𝙥𝙡𝙮 𝙞𝙣𝙟𝙪𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙫𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙨.

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙋𝙤𝙡𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙩𝙧𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙗𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙘𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚𝙙𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙞𝙣𝙟𝙪𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙫𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙨. 𝙄𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙜𝙣𝙞𝙨𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙨𝙚 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙡𝙨, 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙡𝙮 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝 𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙩𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙚𝙙 𝙤𝙣...

Before the reporter could finish, i took up the remote and switched off the television. I can't believe this, It cannot be what i am thinking about right now but isn't that the exact flight?... All these possibilities clouding my mind all at the same time that i couldn't even hear my Mum calling my name until she drew me back to reality.

"Zoe! Snap out of it" My mum said grasping me by the shoulder.

"What happened to you, Why did you act that way? " she asked with compassion in my eyes.

I wanted to tell her but i couldn't find the words to, it was like i couldn't speak at that moment.

"Zoe tell me!!" She said with impatience.

With fear peeking in, i said the one thing i chose not to believe but really is.

"I think that's Toni's Flight"