Heart Monitor.

Stiles' POV

"Lex!" I call as I run over to Lexi who just walked through the school doors. "Do you mind giving Scott the silent treatment with me?" I ask, wrapping my arm around her shoulders and making her walk forward while she looks at me confused. "Why?"

"Because he let my dad get hit by a car last night after the parent/teacher conference." I tell her making her eyes flash gold. "What?! Is Noah okay? Why didn't you tell me last night?" She asks angrily but worried making me smile inside of how much she cares about my dad. "He's fine. Soft tissue damage but that's beside the point. Scott let it happen." I tell her and she sighs in relief.

"So you're giving Scott the silent treatment and you want me to do the same?" She asks me and I nod. "Yep." I say and she sighs. "Why am I the one always in the middle of the two of you?" She asks and I raise my eyebrows. "Because you're his sister and my best friend, the peacemaker." I tell her and she rolls her eyes. "You two make my life so difficult." She mumbles.

******

Alexis's POV

"Sis! Perfect." Scott says as I walk into class, pushing me along with him as he grabs my shoulders gently. "Derek told me to stay away from Allison. And to stay away from Allison, I have to stay away from Lydia. And to stay away from Lydia I have to stay away from Jackson, all the way to stay away from Allison, because they're friends with her." He explains in a rush.

"I'm fine, by the way." I say sarcastically as he looks at me sheepishly. "I'm sorry. Are you okay?" He asks, looking me over and I nod. "Look, this is difficult. Allison is my friend and Lydia is my best friend and Stiles told me not to talk to you which I'm halfway agreeing with." I tell him and he sighs, nodding. "That's why I need your help because you're the only person who could get Stiles to talk to me."

"Why?" I ask, looking at him and his eyes widen. "Uh...be-because you scare us sometimes." He stutters and I furrow my eyebrows. "How? You're my brother and he's my best friend. I'm also shorter than both of you." I point out. "Yes, and the last time we called you short, you hit us with our lacrosse sticks." He reminds me. "Yes, I did." I say proudly.

We walk into class and Stiles looks up and sees Scott, instantly looking away making Scott sigh. Scott moves to sit behind Stiles as I sit down next to him. "You still not talking to me?" Scott asks and Stiles ignores him. "Can you at least tell me if your dad is okay? It was just a bruise, right? Soft tissue damage?" Still nothing.

"You know I feel really bad about it?" Scott tries and Stiles still doesn't say anything. "Okay, what if I told you I'm trying to figure this out? And that I went to Derek for help." Scott tells him. I watch in amusement as Stiles looks like he's mentally fighting himself before finally turning to Scott.

"If I was talking to you, I'd tell you you're an idiot for trusting Derek. But obviously I'm not talking to you." He says, turning back around in his chair as I chuckle as I turn around to Scott and start counting down with my fingers. As soon as I hit one, Stiles turns back around. "What did he say?" He asks making me and Scott smile at each other.

******

"The what of who?" Lydia asks as Allison talks about a book she was reading. "The Beast of Gévaudan." She says and I glance up, suddenly interested in the conversation. "Listen. A quadruped wolf-like monster, prowling the Auvergne and south Dordogne areas of France during the years 1764 to 1767. La Bête killed over a hundred people, becoming so infamous that the King Louis XXV sent one of his best hunters to try and kill it." Allison explains.

"Boring." Lydia says uninterested. "Even the church eventually departed the monster as a monster of satan." Allison says. "Still boring." Lydia says. "Cryptozoologies believe it may have been a subspecies of hoofed predator, possibly a mesonychid." Allison says. "Slipping-into-a-coma bored." Lydia tells her.