I.E.D

Stiles' POV

"So, the Walcott's were first...at least, the first that we know about. Four murders. Sean, his brother and their parents. They were killed by a professional assassin called The Mute; weapon of choice, a military tomahawk. But then, The Mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek with a claymore mine. Next was Demarco. He delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's lake house...and got decapitated outside his car. And then, last night, twenty-three year old Carrie Hudson." I explain as we stand around dads desk at the station, looking at pictures from the murders.

"It's a Deadpool - a hit-list of supernatural creatures." Scott says pulling out a piece of paper. "This is only part of it...the rest still has to be decoded."

"Who found this list?" Dad asks. "Lydia." Lexi answers making dad sigh. "How?" He asks and Lexi purses her lips a bit. "She wrote it...actually, she transcribed it...without realising it..." she says and dad raises his eyebrows at her. "Banshee?" He questions. "Banshee." Lexi nods.

"Beautiful. Alright, what are these numbers next to the names?" Dad asks. "We're getting to that. First, you need to know that the code was broken with a cipher key." I explain.

"Wait...you mean, like, a...like a key word?"

"Actually a name." Lexi says slowly, sharing a look with Scott. "Allison." He says in a slight whisper. "Her name broke a third of the list." Lexi clarifies after a few seconds of silence. "And now we think there's two other cipher keys." Scott says and dad nods. "Which will give us the rest of the names. Okay...so, how do we get the cipher keys?"

"Same way we get the code."

"Lydia. We've been at the lake house all weekend, trying to figure out the other two key words." Lexi explains. This is the first time she's left the lake house since the party and that's only because I made her and I missed her.

"You didn't know about Demarco or Carrie? And what about these other two names on the list- uh, Kayleen Bettcher and Elias Town? They're werewolves, too?" Dad asks and we all just shrug. "I don't know. But Deaton said that the Nemeton would draw supernatural creatures here."

"Here being Beacon Hills or Beacon County? The population of Beacon Hills is just under thirty-thousand-" dad explains. "-and dropping." I add making dad give me a look. "But, if we're talking Beacon County, then you're looking at close to five hundred thousand. Look, how many werewolves, banshees, Kitsunes and whatever the hell else is out there are we talking about? And what if the next cipher key uncovers not twelve names, but one hundred?"

"We don't think there will be that many. There's a limit." I say and Scott nods. "Because of the numbers. We think that, once we decide the names, the numbers will add up to one-hundred and seventeen."

"One-hundred and seventeen what?"

"Million." Scott shas and and I start writing a 'K' by any triple digit number and a 'M' by any double or single digit. I hear Lexi take a deep breath when I write an 'M' next to the twenty-five, next to Alexis McCall.

"One-hundred and seventeen million dollars, stolen from the Hale family vault and is being used by someone to finance all these murders." Lexi says and Scott nods. "Someone who wants every supernatural in Beacon Hills dead."

"So, the coded list goes out, and someone, that's professional assassins get that list..."

"And a cipher key..."

"And then they go after the names on the list- they being killers with no mouths, tomahawks, thermo-cut wire that can take your head off." Dad says. "Carrie was also stabbed. What's this mark?" I say looking at the photos.