A Promise To Death.*

Alexis's POV

"Stiles. Stiles!" I say trying to wake up Stiles who is snoring away but still hums. "You have early morning practice for the big game tomorrow, remember?" I say but it doesn't wake him up enough.

"Hi..." he says still asleep naming me chuckle and roll my eyes. "Hey, if I have to sit through the entire game, like I always do, you better not suck." I say. "Not gonna suck..." he whispers making me sigh softly. "You said you'd drive Malia and me to school early so I can help her get more studying in for the math test after practice? The one that determines whether or not she's gonna be a senior with us next year? Stiles!" I say as he turns around and groans.

I sigh softly and glance over at his crime board to see the words, 'who is the Desert Wolf?' making me smile. I talked to him last night bout how I was planning on helping Malia find out who her mom is. And then that's when I also noticed 'Lexi's birthday this week!!!' circled three times in the corner.

I grab Stiles shoulder before pulling him back to where his back is against the bed making him blink in surprise before I lean down to kiss him. "What are you doing? I haven't even brushed my teeth yet." He says, pulling away after a couple of seconds and I chuckle. "I really don't care." I say making him blink at me before he smiles softly.

He grabs me, pulling me down onto him making me laugh as he leans down to kiss me.

******

"Lydia! Lexi!" Malia says making us look over at her. "Look! I passed!" She says happily showing us her graded test making me smile proudly. "C minus."

"Lydia's notes are great when they're not written in code." Malia says and the second she says that, Coach walks up and sets a graded test down that has an F on it making her frown. "Disappointed, Malia - profoundly disappointed." He says making Malia sigh and look over at me and Lydia. "I'll send you my notes." Lydia tells her.

Lydia turns around and glances up at the board that reads, 'Networth at time of death' making her face fall slightly. "It's over. The computers are off. No more assassins. No more murders. No one's dying." I tell her when I notice the look on her face.

"Not yet."

******

"Drop what you're doing, I'm taking you three out to dinner." Noah says as he walks into Stiles room making Stiles look up from his homework and me and Malia from the math work I was trying to help Malia with. "Dad, I don't think a man with your debts should be treating anyone to anything..." Stiles says pursing his lips.

"Well, there's one debt we no longer have to worry about." Noah says handing Stiles a piece of paper. "What is that?" Stiles asks as he grabs it. "A letter of apology from Eichen House. Apparently, they've decided to forgive our debt due to...well, the two of you and Lydia almost getting murdered." Noah says making Malia's eyes widen. "They can do that?"

"They can do it, and they did."

"I've never been so happy to have almost been murdered!" Stiles says happily reaching over to high-five me as I chuckle. "Well, we're not out of it yet, but...we're going to be okay. And, at least for the moment, I can afford to take my son and his girlfriend and their friend out to dinner." Noah says making me smile as Noah turns to me and Malia.

"Lexi, I already know your favourite. So Malia, what's your favourite food?" He asks as I close all the books. "Deer." Malia says making me stop and look at her weird before sharing a look with Stiles as Noah looks at Malia confused.

Stiles smiles slightly as he raises his eyebrows. "Pizza." He corrects slowly. "She likes pizza." He says.

******