Silverfinger.

Alexis's POV

"His eyes were glowing." Scott says and Chris nods. "There was something almost ritualistic about it- like it was looking right through his soul." He says as Allison's cleans the cut on his forehead. "That's the same thing it did to me." Isaac says.

"That's what they did to everyone." Allison's says, not looking up from what she was doing. "Not everyone. They only came after werewolves." Scott says and I shake my head. "And Lydia." I say glancing over at him. "Anyone with a connection to the supernatural." Chris says.

"Then who was the guy they went after in Japan?"

"A Kumicho - a Yakuza boss. It was my first gun deal. I was only eighteen, and it was supposed to be a simple exchange...except Gerard left out the minor detail of the buyers being Yakuza. He wanted to see if I could adapt in the moment. Testing my ability to, uh...improvise." Chris says and I raise my eyebrows. "Or you're ability to survive." I say and Allison nods in agreement.

"The moment the sun came down, it was like they just materialised out of the shadows. They had swords - not curved like katanas, but straight, black steel, like ninjas." Chris explains. "What did they want?" I ask.

"To get to the Kumicho. They cut down every living thing in their way." Chris says while Allison still works on the cut. "Did they mark him like they did us?" Isaac asks as his hand goes up to the back of his ear. "Not exactly."

"What was he?" Scott asks after Chris explains what he saw. "I don't know. But, there might be someone who does. There were a few others who survived that night. One of them was a man named Katashi. They called him 'Silverfinger' because of an unusual prosthetic...and it looked like he was getting ready to take them all on himself. I've known for a while Katashi was in the county. I spent yesterday tracking him down."

"Didn't look like he wanted to be found." I say nodding to his forehead that Allison has just finished patching up. "Not particularly, no." He agrees and Scott leans forward a bit. "You think he knows what they are? Or what they want?" He asks.

"Maybe..."

"What if he doesn't want to talk?" Allison asks as Chris stands up. "What if he doesn't even remember you?" Isaac asks. "He'll remember this." Chris says as he turns a wooden box and opens it. He unfolds a cloth to reveal a broken mask of one of those creatures.

"I know I didn't kill it- I'm not sure you can. But, I slowed it down long enough for us to get out of there." Chris says as Scott grabs one of the pieces. "What was behind the mask?" He asks and Chris looks up at all of us.

"Darkens. Absolute darkness." He says and I slowly reach out to grab one of the pieces before my eyes flash purple. Flashes of the creatures fighting the twins, Derek and Scott at Scott's house ran through my mind making me drop the mask.

"What did you see?" Chris asks and I look at Scott. "They're gonna come after you tonight." I tell him making him glance at everyone.

******

I wait out front as Scott pulls up to the schools parking lot on his bike as two other bikes pull up next to him. Scott takes his helmets off right as the twins do. "You guys gonna be doing this all day?" Scott asks looking between the two twins.

"All day." "All night." They say making Scott sigh and look at me with a mixture of annoyance and exhaustion making me smirk at him in amusement. "Is this about being in our pack?" Scott asks. "This is about you being the target of demonic ninjas." Aiden says making Ethan look over at him. "You mean, the demonic ninjas that pulled swords out of their chests and completely kicked our asses?" He asks sarcastically. "Yeah. Those demonic ninjas." Aiden replies just as sarcastic.