Radio Silence.

Alexis's POV

"The corpus callosum is not only the largest white matter structure in the brain, but also the bridge connecting all parts of the brain to each other. The ability for all parts of the brain to communicate and to work together help us make leaps in cognitive thinking. Any questions? Thoughts? Insight?" Ms Finch explains.

I sigh softly and look down at my notebook to see I have draw the word 'Sti' all over my page again, in different types of writing. "I've always been in love with you, Lex. Always." I hear making me look up.

I glance around the classroom before my eyes drift to the window making me notice a blue Jeep sitting in the parking lot and a guy from a tow truck company looking it over. I stare at it for a moment as though I'm in a trance. There's a familiarity to but I don't recognise it.

"Lexi." Ms Finch calls making me jump slightly as I snap out of my trance and look at her. "I uh...I completely agree." I say and Ms Finch hums, nodding slightly before pointing to the window. "Is there something outside that's more fascinating that the structure of the human mind?" She asks.

"Yes." I respond without thinking making Ms Finch raise her eyebrows as Scott nudges me. "I mean no." I correct myself and Ms Finch nods. "Okay, good. Now, many people credit the corpus callosum, uh, for giving us a sense of intuition, gut instinct, that even we ourselves aren't aware of." She continues explaining.

I glance over at Scott and Lydia as Ms Finch starts walking away. Scott sits next to me and Lydia sits at the table in front of us, both of them looking at me in concern.

"Baby, can you stop hating on my jeep?" I hear the voice say making me look back out the window to see the guy starting to hook up the Jeep. "I'll be right back." I say before getting up and running out of class.

"Hey! Hey, you can't tow this Jeep!" I say as I run outside and over to the Jeep making the guy look over at me. "Paperwork says I can. It's reported as abandoned." He tells me and I roll my eyes before resting my hand on the Jeep, giving him a fake smile. "And now it's not." I say making him raise his eyebrows at me.

"Oh, this is your vehicle?" He asks and I roll my eyes again. "Does it matter?" I ask and he scoffs. "Sounds like a no." He says and I go to say something when Lydia and Scott run up to us. "It's mins! Uh, my Jeep. Thank you. I'll move it...once I get the keys...from my locker...after you leave." Scott says.

"I'm sorry. Once it's on the hook-" the guy starts to say but Lydia cuts him off. "Please don't say, 'you're on the hook'." She cringes. "Well, I can't now." He says and went to move but Scott speaks up. "Oh, I...okay, look, there's gotta be something we can do. Sign something? Call someone-"

"Pay someone?" I ask making the guy look at me for a moment before smirking. "Drop fee is a hundred and fifty. Cash." He says and Scott's eyes widen. "A hundred and fifty? This thing isn't even worth that much." He says looking over at me as I roll my eyes and pull out my purse.

"Deal." I say as Lydia pulls out her purse and I nudge Scott. "I've only got, like, fifty. And that's all I've got." He says, pulling some money from his pocket and I take it from him. "Here." Lydia says handing me some money. I take it from her gratefully before handing the three lots of cash to the man. He smirks happily as he takes the cash before walking over to his son. 

"Hey." Scott says naming me look over at him. "You know I don't actually have the keys to this thing, right?" He says and I look at the jeep and shrug.

"Well, now we have a jeep."

******

I sit in class when all of the sudden, a high pitched ringing sounds in my head making me groan and cover my ears. When it stops, I look up and look over at Lydia who is already looking at me. "You heard that too, right?" I ask and she nods. "I heard it."