Superposition.

Alexis's POV

I nod along to my song as I sit sketching. I finish the last of my shading before holding the sketch book out to look at the drawing. It's off the moon and a stormy sky. I hum in satisfaction before flipping through the pages. I had just finished the last page so I want to check I didn't miss any.

When I see that I don't, I get up and walk over to my desk before pulling out my draw. I place my book inside before shutting the draw and I look up at my jewellery box on my desk. I open it up and look through it, feeling like I'm missing something. I go to close it when a voice comes through my speaker. "I got you this. I hope you like it." A voice, that I don't recognise but feels familiar, says making me spin around.

I look over at my speaker but it is still playing my music making me furrow my eyebrows. I glance around confused at the fact that was the second time I've heard that voice. It sounds so familiar but I can't grasp where I've heard it from. "Remember..." I say in a slight whisper.

"Lexi?!" Mom yells from downstairs, snapping me out of my trance. "Are you still awake? If so, can you help with these groceries?" She calls out. I don't anything right away as I turn around and close my jewellery box back up.

I go to walk away but freeze when my bedroom starts to rattle, making me alarmed as it seems like a train is passing through the room, flooding it with golden light from their exterior lights as it honks its horn loudly.

I squeeze my eyes shut and grit my teeth as I put my hands over my ears. A moment later, mom bursts into my room, looking alarmed as I grip my head, on my knees. "Lexi, what's wrong?" She asks as she runs over and grabs my arm.

"Did you hear that?" I ask and mom frowns. "I heard you screaming." She says and I frown as well as I struggle to recall the details of what I just experienced. "No. It- it was the sound of a train passing through my room..."

"Well, there wasn't a train and we haven't had an earthquake, so...maybe you just had a bad dream." Mom says and I shake my head. "I wasn't asleep..."

******

I walk through the halls of the school as I slightly nod at a couple of students. I instinctively wander over to a locker as though I'm waiting for someone. But after a moment, I frown, not remembering why I'm here. I think about it for a minute before sighing and leaning back against the locker.

"I'm losing my fucking mind." I mumble quietly before quickly walking into class. I walk into math class and sit down next to Lydia right as the bell rings. "I'm impressed with most of you. It really speaks to your study habits and your commitment to your own education. Everyone else? See me for extra help." Ms Flemming says as she starts passing out graded papers.

Ms Flemming gives Malia a knowing look and hands her her quiz making Malia look at it to see she has a D-. Malia growls under her breath  as she grips the edges of the desk so hard that her claws come out. Me and Lydia see that Malia is losing control so Lydia immediately begins distracting Ms Flemming.

"Ms Flemming-" she says but Ms Flemming cuts her off. "I already told you, Lydia- I don't give extra credit for alternate equations based on your own theoretical findings." She says making Lydia make an awkward face as Ms Flemming walks away to continue handing out test as I turn back to Malia who is still struggling.

"Mal! Claws. Claws, Malia." I whisper and Malia takes a deep breath, sitting back before slightly holding her hand up to show she no longer had her claws out.

I sigh softly and sit back, looking over my paper. After a moment, I notice someone out of the corner of my eye and turn to find a woman wearing scrubs and a white lab coat sitting at the desk next to me. I frown and look around before leaning towards the woman.