Time Of Death.

Stiles' POV

Lexi paces around my room as she looks down at her phone and sighs. "What's wrong?" I ask making her look over at me where I lay on my bed, and she walks over to me, dropping onto my lap.

"Malia's not answering any of my texts or calls." She says as I rub my hands up and down her bare thighs. "Maybe if you say that we made you not to tell her, then she'll talk to you again." I suggest and she shakes her head. "No, she'll know. And I can't lie to her." She says before leaning down, resting her head on my chest.

"She'll come around eventually. We were all just trying to protect her." I say, wrapping my arms around her as she sighs. "I hope so. I just hope she's staying safe."

******

"Is there enough?" Kira asks as her, Lexi, me, Scott and Liam stand around a table with three laptops in front of us. "Depends on how many cameras there are...but I think so." I say and Liam looks up. "Are we really doing this?" He asks us.

"We're doing it - tonight." Scott says, nodding making Liam sigh slightly. "But isn't it kind of dangerous?" He asks worriedly and I nod. "It's incredibly dangerous and borderline idiotic." I say making Lexi nod in agreement. "Have you guys ever done something like this before?" He asks.

"Something dangerous? Or something idiotic?" I ask and Lexi purses her lips. "It's yes to both." She tells him making Liam look at her and take a deep breath. "You don't have to be a part of it if you don't want to." Scott says making Liam look over at him. "I'm not scared!"

"Then you're borderline idiotic." I say, as I pat his shoulder. "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?" I ask and Kira sighs. "How do we know something's definitely coming?"

"Because of the tape from Garrett's bag and 'visual confirmation needed'." Scott says and Lexi nods, glancing at me. "Simon said the same thing - he couldn't get paid by the Benefactor until he had proof that that we were dead."

"So, the idea is...what if you kill someone on the Deadpool, but you can't send proof?" Scott says and Kira nods. "You don't get paid." She says. "But how does that get us any closer to the Benefactor?" Liam asks, glancing at all of us. "He still needs to know if the target is really dead." Lexi says and I nod.

"Especially if it's someone high on the list."

"So, if he wants visual confirmation..."

"He's going to have to come himself."

******

Melissa walks in to the morgue, still wiping her tears away. "I still hate this plan. I mean, this is pretty significantly terrifying - he looks dead." She says as she walks up to where Scott's body lays on a metal tray, me, Lexi, Kira, Liam and Noshiko standing around him.

"Give me your hand." Noshiko says, holding her hand out and Melissa looks over at me and Lexi and we nod. "It's okay, mom." Lexi whispers and Melisa nods, holding her hand out. Noshiko grabs it and holds it to Scott's chest. "Wait for it." She says and then a moment later, Melissa lets out a breath of relief.

"Is that enough to keep a werewolf alive?" She questions in a slight whisper. "Enough for an alpha." Noshiko says, nodding. "How much time do we have?" Melissa asks, looking up at us. "Forty-five minutes."

"What happens after that?"

"I bring him back the same way." Kira says and Melissa shakes her head. "No, I mean, what happens if he stays like this longer than forty-five minutes?" She asks making us all glance at each other while Noshiko looks at us. "No one told her?" She asks along Melissa look at her. "What? What happens after forty-five minutes?" She asks again and Noshiko sighs.