Co-Captain.

Stiles' POV

Me, Lexi and Scott skid to a stop in an empty lot near where Jackson and Chris Argent stood by the Porsche. "What's up?" I ask. "Hi, Chris. Is everything okay?" Lexi asks and Argent smiles at us. "Hey, Lexi. Scott. Your friend here was just having car trouble. We're just taking a look." He tells us and Lexi hums slightly. "There's a shop right down the street, Jackson. I'm sure they have a tow truck." She says and I nod. "Yeah. You want a ride?" I ask and Scott opens his door.

"Hey, come on. Jackson, you're way too pretty to be out here all by yourself." I say and Lexi gives Jackson a look making him take a deep breath and walk over while Scott hops up. "Hey, kids?" Argent says making us look over at him as he opens the drivers side door of the Porsche and starts it up. "Told you I knew a few things about cars. See you later, Lexi." He says before walking over to his car.

We wait until Argent drives off before Jackson turns to Scott. "What, are you following me now?" He asks aggressively as me and Lexi climb out of the Jeep. "Yes, you stupid freaking idiot! You almost gave away everything, right there!" Scott says making Jackson look at him weird. "What are you talking about?" He asks. "He think you're the second beta." Scott says making Jackson furrow his eyebrows. "What?"

"He thinks you're me and Lexi!" Scott says, hitting the Jeep making me look at him offended. "Dude, my Jeep." I say looking at Lexi who gives me a look as if to say, 'that's not important right now'.

"Me and Lexi can hear your heart beating from a mile away - literally! Now he thinks that there's something wrong, and now I have to keep an eye on you so he doesn't kill you, too!" Scott says before going to hit the Jeep again but I stop him before he can. "Okay, how about we step away from Stiles' Jeep?"

"This is your problem, not mine, okay? I didn't say anything which means you're the one who's going to get me killed. Okay? This is your fault!" Jackson says pushing Scott making him hit the Jeep. "Can we stop hitting my Jeep?" I ask as Scott pushes Jackson back making Lexi push them both back with little effort. "Enough! Both of you, grow the fuck up!" She snaps.

"When they come after you, I won't be able to protect you. I can't protect anyone." Scott says before glancing at me and Lexi making us furrow our eyebrows at him. "What are you looking at us?" I ask. "Yeah, and hello! I can protect myself, thank you." Lexi tells him firmly.

"You know, now you have to do it. Get me what I want, and I will be fine protecting myself." Jackson says and Scott shakes his head. "No, you won't! Just trust me - all it does it make things worse." He says and Jackson raises his eyebrows. "Oh yeah, really? You can hear anything you want and run faster than humanly possible. Sounds like a real hardship, McCall." He says and Scott nods.

"Yeah, we can run really fast except half the time, we're running away from people trying to kill us!" Scott snaps and Jackson rolls his eyes. "And we can hear things, like- like my girlfriend telling people she doesn't trust me anymore, right before breaking up with me. I'm not lying to you. It ruins your life." Scott says and Jackson rolls his eyes again.

"It ruined your life. You had tall the power in the world, and you didn't know what to do with it. You know what it's actually like? It's like you turned sixteen and someone brought you a Porsche when they should have started out with a nice little Honda. Me? I drive a Porsche." Jackson says before walking away to his car. "Porsches aren't that impressive. I prefer Jeeps." Lexi says making my eyes snap to her and I fight the smile on my face.

******

Alexis's POV

"Allison...when you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping...a five-mile hike in the woods was not what I was expecting." Lydia complains as me and her follow Allison through the woods. "Before I forget, I wanted to ask if you're okay with something." Allison says.

"Jackson invited me to winter formal." She says making me shocked and Lydia hum. "Did he?" She says pretending to be calm. "Uh-huh. Just as friends. But I just wanted to make sure you're okay with it first." Allison says and Lydia slowly nods. "Sure. As long as it's just as friends."

"Well, yeah. I mean, it's not like I would take him into the coaches office during lacrosse practice to make out with him or anything." Allison says and I glare at her. "Really? You're gonna bring that up when you're going to a dance with Jackson?" I say defensively and she smiles. "I'm just messing with you." She says and I roll my eyes.

Allison drops her bag and unzips it, before pulling out a bow and quiver of arrows. Lydia looks down at it with wide eyes as memories from archery class come back to me. I watch as she takes a normal arrow and twists off the bullet point. She replaces it with a flash bolt making me suck in a deep breath. "What does that do?" Lydia asks. "We're about to find out." Allison says as she takes a firing position in front of a tree in the distance. Setting the arrow just under the sight, she pulls the arrow back, nocking point of the bowstring.

She aims before letting the bolt fire and I quickly glance away before the bolt can affect my eyes. I hear it explode against the tree, just catching the light out of the corner of my eye. "Why the hell was that?" Lydia asks as her and Allison look shocked. "I don't know."

"Well, that was fun. Any other lethal weapons you wanna try out?" Lydia asks sarcastically and Allison goes to turn to us but stops. I hear rustling and I'm assuming she hears it too as she hands me the bow. "Hold this."

"Why are you giving Lexi it to hold?" Lydia asks. "Because I took archery as a kid." I remind her the same time Allison says. "I thought I heard something." Lydia's eyes widen at her. "So...what if you heard something?" She asks.

"So I want to go find out what that something is. Don't worry, it's probably nothing." Allison says and starts walking away but Lydia speaks up again. "What if nothing is something and that something is dangerous?" She asks making me look at her in amusement. "Shoot it." Allison says simply before waking off as Lydia glances around nervously.

******

"Okay!" Lydia hours as she walks into my room making me look up from my computer. "How'd you get in?" I ask but she ignores me. "Tomorrow, you, me and Allison are going to the store." She tells me making me furrow my eyebrows. "What for?" I ask and Lydia gives me a look.

"To find dresses for formal, obviously." She says and I nod slightly. "Oh, I wasn't sure if I was gonna go." I say making Lydia raise her eyebrows at me. "What? Um, you're going. You can't just miss it." She argues and I shrug slightly. "I don't have a date." I say and Lydia goes to say something but I point at her.

"You are not finding me a date." I tell her firmly and she rolls her eyes. "I was gonna say just go as friends with your buzz cut friend or something." She suggests. "Mmmh. Not a bad idea. I'll talk to him later." I tell her and she hums, nodding. "Now, what colour dress should we wear?" She asks and I chuckle.