Sundowning.

Alexis's POV

"'Stiles: an arrangement of steps that allows people but not animals, to climb over a fence'." Scott reads out loud as me, him and Lydia sit in the library in front of a laptop. "Yeah, somehow I don't think this is the 'Stiles' we're looking for." I say and Lydia nods in agreement.

"Maybe Malia has found something." Scott suggests and Lydia shakes her head. "No. She's been taking up a make-up test all morning." She says. Almost the second she finished her sentence, a coyote howl sounded throughout the school making everyone look up while I sigh, shaking my head.

"I guess that means the test isn't going so well." I say and we all look at each other before getting up and walking out of the library. Me and Scott instantly make a beeline for the basement while Lydia goes to check on her mom quickly.

We run into the basement and find Malia in coyote form growling at us from the corner of the room. "Malia, it's okay. You're safe." Scott says calmly but Malia keeps growling as Lydia, Noah and Natalie walk in.

"We're not gonna hurt you." Scott says calmly again and Malia lets out a couple of growls. "I think she's calming down." Scott says and I just look at him with raised eyebrows as Malia snaps at him a bit.

Noah, on the other hand, looks a tiny bit scared of Malia's growling. "Maybe you should growl back?" He suggests. Malia growls once more making Natalie and Noah jump a bit and Noah looks at me and Scott desperately. "Guys, you're alphas. Can't you just make her a little more docile?" He asks but I sigh and shake my head.

"She's not the problem. We are. She's a coyote, they're very territorial and this is her territory. We need to get out of here." I say and Malia starts barking as Scott nods in agreement. "Yes, c'mon." He says and the five of us move off to the side.

"Malia came here to get over the full moons. Then we got to the lake house." Scott says making Natalie look at her confused. "I thought you said a wild animal got in the lake house?" She asks and Lydia looks at her exasperatedly. "Just be happy for the things I don't tell you." She says and I nod.

We turn our attention to Malia walking as she slowly transforms back into her human form. Noah quickly looks away as Natalie look slightly shocked while me, Lydia and Scott are used to this and look at her unbothered. "It's alright. I'm okay." Malia tells us and Natalie sighs in relief, walking over to give Malia her clothes while Noah looks at me, Scott and Lydia questioningly.

"Any idea what made her shift?" He asks and we all sigh. "She's under a lot of pressure." Scott says and I nod. "School, her life after graduation." I say. "Her mom trying to kill her." Lydia adds making us nod. "That shouldn't make her shift."

"Could it be connected to Stiles?" Scott asks as he turns to me and Lydia making me sigh. "Hard to tell since we don't know what a 'Stiles' is." I say and before Lydia or Scott can say anything, Noah speaks up. "It's a he." He says the three of us look at him in shock and confusion. "Who?" Scott asks.

"Stiles. It's a family nickname. I never used it but...my father did."

******

Me, Lydia, Scott and Noah are seated in the living room as Claudia walks in and hands Noah a box. "Thanks, hunny." Noah says and Claudia hums, no one noticing the weird look I give Claudia as he takes a seat next to Noah before he starts explaining about his dads life.

"He was an army engineer." He says as he takes out a photo of his father and hands it to Scott. "He ended the war, one bridge at a time." Noah says and Scott looks up at him. "He went by 'Stiles'." Scott says as he glances at me and Lydia.