Chaos Rising.

Alexis's POV

Isaac paces around the wall of windows in Derek's loft while I sit on the table and Derek sat on a chair with a book in his hand. "You know, I'm starting to not like this idea. Sounds kinda dangerous..." Isaac says as I watch him pace back and forth. "You know what? I definitely don't like this idea, and I definitely don't like him." He adds and I nod in agreement.

"You'll be fine." Derek sighs and Isaac pauses for a moment before looking at Derek. "Does it have to be him?" He asks and Derek doesn't look up from his book. "He knows how to do it, I don't. It'd be more dangerous if I tried to do it myself." He explains as Isaac stops beside me.

"You know Scott doesn't trust him, right? You know, personally, I'd...well, I'd trust Scott." Isaac says as he starts playing with my hand nervously. "Do you trust me?" Derek asks, glancing at Isaac. "Yeah." Isaac says as I purse my lips. "Sometimes." I say as Derek gives me a deadpan look.

"I still don't like him." Isaac says and I scoff. "Nobody likes him." I say, sharing a knowing look with Derek. A second later, the loft door slides open making us look over to the see Peter walking in. "Boys. Hello, sweetheart." He says, grinning at me. "FYI? Yes, coming back from dead has left my abilities slightly impaired...but, the hearing still works. So, I hope you're comfortable saying whatever it is that you're feeling, straight to my face."

"We don't like you." I tell him as I see Derek's lips tilt up before he glares at his uncle. "What she said. Now shut up and help us." He says, snapping his book shut before standing up and Peter nods. "Fair enough." He says before flicking his claws out.

******

Isaac sits in a chair, nervously messing with my hand as I stand in front of him. "Relax. I'll get more out of you if you're calm." Peter tells Isaac who glances back at him. "How do you know how to do this again?" He asks him.

"It's an ancient ritual used mostly by alphas, since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice. One slip, and you could paralyse someone...or kill them." Peter says as he places his claws in the back of Isaac's neck while me and Derek glance at each other.

"You...you've had a lot of practice though?" Isaac asks him nervously and Peter smiles slightly. "Well, I've never paralysed anyone." He says making us all furrow our eyebrows slightly. "Wait, does that mean that you-" Isaac goes to say but Peter cuts him off by pushing his claws into Isaac's neck making him cry out in pain, letting go of my hand to grab at Peter's arms.

They both grunt in pain and Isaac jerks slightly, trying to get away from Peter and I start to step forward but Peter stops me. "Wait, I see them-" he says before starting to look dizzy until he suddenly pulls away from Issac, stumbling back into the table. I kneel down in front of Isaac, gently grabbing his face.

"What'd you see?" Derek asks Peter who walks off to the side whine panting. "It was confusing. Um, im-images, vague shapes..." he says and I raise my eyebrows. "But you saw something." I say and Peter nods slightly. "Isaac found them." He says.

"Erica and Boyd?" Derek asks and Peter shakes his slightly. "I barely saw them- I mean, glimpses." He says. "But you did see them?" Derek questions and Peter nods. "And worse." He says. "Deucalion." I say while Derek sighs as Isaac holds onto my hand tightly,

"He was talking to them. Something about time running out." Peter explains and Isaac furrows his eyebrows slightly, not looking up. "What does it mean?" He asks before looking at Derek. "He's gonna kill them." Derek says and Peter shakes his head. "No, no, no, no, no. He didn't say that. He did make them a promise...that, by the full moon, that they'd both be dead." He says.