Chapter 107

2 hours of my shift go by within a flash, the beach busy with people needing help in some kind of way.

My stomach growls ferociously, I've already ate my apple a half an hour ago.

"Oh god my stomach." I exclaim, "Maxi are you alright to patrol on your own for a bit?" I ask him holding my stomach, "I'll order food in advance and once they call me I'll pick it up."

"Yeah that's alright."

"Thanks," I quickly order some food online. After finished I continue to look at the water waiting for my phone to ring.

I hear a knock at the door, "Excuse me," I take my eyes off the water to look at the door, a women around my age stands at the door.

"Yes?"

"I saw a man steal two bags down at the flags. Me and my friend watched him after he tried taking our bag," She continues taking a breath, "and I wanted to let you guys know."

"Alright, how about you point him out to me." I ask her, she nods and walks over.

I bring her to the screen, she looks for a bit.

"There! There he is!" She shouts pointing at the screen.

"Alright, I'll call the police department. For now stay by your bags."

"Okay thank you!" She smiles and walks off.

I watch him for a bit seeing if he is the one, and soon enough he grabs a bag.

And with that, I hit the speed dial and it goes straight to the police.

They respond with the usual.

"Hi, this is Teresa Breechwood from Bondi Beach Central, we have a man stealing people's bags."

"And what does this man look like?"

"He's older maybe mid 40's and caucasian, with a red ball cap on, he's pretty lean as well." I tell the operator.

"Alright, I'll send some officers down."

"Thank you, have a nice day."

I hang up and groan, "I hate people that steal bags." I state as I frown looking at the man on the screen.

"Tell me about it," Maxi says

I hear a knock at the door I turn around and see another person at the door, worried look on their face.

"Did you get your bag stolen?" I ask, the young teen nods, "don't worry we called the police they are on their way."

"Okay." He says a little bit of hope in his eyes.

"Here. Do you still have your phone?" I ask, he nods, "Okay here is what you can do. Write down your number and what he stole, and I'll give you a call if the police find the stuff he's stolen."

He gives a nod with a small smile. I give him a block of sticky notes and a pen.

He soon hands me the sticky note as well as the pen.

"He will hopefully be caught, keep your phone near you in case I call." I tell him giving a small smile.

He gives another nod and walks off.

My stomach growls again. I hope I get my call soon. I think to myself as I sit down grabbing the binoculars.

My eye catches on a familiar figure, my heart stops. My breath hitches in my throat. Not again.... I see Hayden not far from the south where I was looking, he emerges out of the water, running his fingers through his dark hair. Adrenaline runs through me telling me to run, but I stop myself.

"Tess!" Maxi shouts at me, I jump so high of my seat, the sound around be slowly coming back to me to my phone ringing. "Your phone." He tells me. "I called your name like 3 times."

"Oh sorry." I pick the phone up slowly my heart pounding feeling like it will be him on the phone even though I know I'm supposed to get a call from the cafe.

My hand a bit shaking I answer it, "Hello?" My voice a bit shaky.

"Hi is this Teresa Breechwood?"

"Yes."

"Your order is ready."

"Oh yes, thank you. I'll be there in 5 minutes."

"Have a great day."

"You too." I hang up.

"You alright giggles?" Maxi ask, I look at his worried eyes

I put a fake smile on, "Oh yeah. Yeah I'm fine."

"Okaaay, because it looks like you've seen a ghost."

I look out my binos again and he's no where to be seen. "Something like that." I tell Maxi my heart still racing. I take a breath, "Well I'll be right back, my food is ready."

"Alrighty sounds good." He give a small smile, but worry still written all over his face.

I walk to the cafe, I put a hand on my chest breathing in a couple of times. "Your eyes and mind are just playing tricks." I keep repeating. "You're just stressed about last night."

I forgot that I was even hungry anymore. The stress and adrenaline really getting to me.

I soon reach the cafe and walk up to the pick up, I look for my name and then grab it.

As I walk back I look around cautiously, scared that I will be grabbed by Hayden.

I rub my arm, the bag in other hand. I give myself a tiny squeeze not feeling safe.

"Maybe I can go on my break soon." I tell myself, "Chappo is supposed to come in soon."

I walk back to the tower, "Heyyy Tess how's it going!" I heard Chappo from behind me. I jump at the sudden noise with a little squeak. "Your new name should be scaredy-cat." He jokes as he passes me.

"Oh stop it." I can't help to smile a bit. I follow in suit behind him.

I hear him great Maxi I can't help to feel safe around Chappo, he's like a big brother I've never had. Maxi feels like a younger brother. I smile as I look at the both of them.

I sit down in my swivel chair as I grab my lunch out my bag.

"So what's up with you Tess?" Chappo starts, "Anything new?"

"Um.." should I mention my visions of Hayden? If I can even call them that. Maybe I'm seeing him for real.