Chapter 2: Only One Can Remain

(That is your normal hero suit, not the one you are wearing currently in this chapter!)
-----------------------
*Chen's Island*

"Look at that. Awesome" Kai said as they looked at the temple, "let me see" Karlof said as he shoved Kai, "do you mind?" Kai asked as he looked back at Karlof, Y/n groaned as she got to both of them, "both of you knock it off" Y/n said as she shoved Karlof a bit. Y/n watched as their bags got taken away by the other men on the boat, Y/n looked over at Clouse as she watched Garmadon walk near him. "Welcome to Chen's Island. The Tournament of Elements welcomes its brave fighters. Master Chen will be pleased you've returned, Sensei Garmadon" Clouse said as he walked off the boat and onto the rocky ground, Garmadon following behind him. "The pleasure is all mine, Clouse" Garmadon said in a calm tone but had a tint of annoyance in it. "I'm sure it is," Clouse said as he rolled his eyes and turned around as he made his way to the entrance, "definitely feeling some tension between you two" Jay said as the ninja and Y/n walked off the boat to join Garmadon.

"Ya, and how is it we're on an island I've never seen on any map?" Kai asked, "and care to explain how the face of Ninjago's most popular noodle house is secretly assembling an underground fighting tournament?" Cole asked as he seemed a bit offended about how his favorite noodle house was run by someone who made elemental masters fight. "Master Chen used to be a friend, now he's a traitor. During the Serpentine Wars, Chen turned against his own kind and sided with the treacherous snakes" Garmadon explained, but Lloyd butted in as he walked beside Cole, "the battle you and Uncle Wu fought together in? He was an enemy?" Lloyd asked as they followed the group into the temple.

"He used deception to divide the Elemental Masters. We barely defeated the Serpentine, and in a deal for his surrender, Chen was to never leave this island" Garmadon explained as they walked up the stairs. "Little did we know, he'd begin to build his criminal empire from here" Garmadon said in an angry tone, "he may have divided our ancestors but he's not gonna divide us" Lloyd said as he looked over at Y/n then back in front of him.

Kai looked behind them to see the woman from earlier, he quickly pushed the ninja and Garmadon aside, giving the woman room to walk, "ladies first!" Kai said to the ninja, Y/n rolled her eyes."Fire will melt her icy heart. Just wait" Kai said, Y/n groaned as she pushed Kai's arm off herself as she continued walking, Lloyd looked up at Y/n and followed her as the others did the same. As they stopped at the front entrance Y/n took a deep breath, "this is a big island, Zane could be anywhere. Keep an eye out" Y/n said as she looked straight ahead, not looking at the ninja or Garmadon at all.

The doors opened, everyone walked in as there were drummers on either side of them Y/n glanced at the drummers then looked straight ahead again, "so this is the house that noodles built. Always wanted to go to a red carpet event" Jay laughed, "Chen lives like a king. Here, he's totally self-sufficient. The only way on or off this island is with his permission, which you have to earn" Y/n said as she looked back at the ninja then at Garmadon. "You never told me about this place. How do you both know so much about this island?" Lloyd asked as he looked at his father then at Y/n. "I'm one of his champions, when I was younger I was naive and decided it would be fun to join the tournament, little did I know it was going to be harder than it sounded" Y/n said as she looked at the ground. "I know so much because before Chen was my enemy, he was my Sensei," Garmadon said as he showed his snake tattoo on his back.

They were now in the middle of the temple, all sitting in a circle around an engraving of a serpent on the floor. "You never told me you had a Sensei" Lloyd said as he looked at his father, "when I was your age I sought a darker means of guidance. He taught me to win at all costs, no matter who I hurt. It wasn't until you saved me that I saw the light" Garmadon said which Lloyd smiled at. "Apparently he also never taught you to have a sense of humor. Lighten up, we're in an underground fight club, this is supposed to be fun" Jay said, that was before he was interrupted by a loud bang of a gong.