Chapter 34: Scavengers

--------------------------
*Wu's room*

Wu yelled in his sleep as Y/N struggled to keep him calm with her healing. "Stay...calm" Y/N whispered, but she didn't know who she was talking to, Wu, or herself. Y/N squeezed her eyes shut as she soon let go, the water falling to the floor while Y/N panted and Wu shot up. "Misako! At my side" Wu said as he laid back down, "of course. As I always will be. And as you always will be for me. What is it, Wu?" Misako asked as she noticed his hesitance. "I haven't told anyone, but when I fought Acronix at the Monastery, something...happened. Something bad" Wu said, Y/N sighed as she looked away from him. "I'll leave you two alone," Y/N said as she stood up and walked out of the room lazily. She felt weak from all of this healing, she didn't even notice a change in his behavior since he first encountered Acronix. Y/N didn't know what else to do.

Y/N looked down at the ground as she walked past Lloyd, she hasn't spoken to him since she lashed out at him and Misako. Lloyd looked like he wanted to talk to her, but gave up when she continued walking.

---------------------------------------------
*the back of the temple outside*

Y/N walked outside to see Kai fighting these machines Nya had built for combat practice. She then looked to her left and saw Cole punching Jay's hands, Y/N sighed as she picked up her bow and quiver and walked over to an open space as she grabbed an arrow and aimed it at a hanging apple. "Zane is down. Folks disappearing all over town, and we can't do a thing to help! If we just knew why Acronix and Krux are taking people..." Cole said as he punched Jay's fist. Y/N glanced over at them as she let go of the arrow and sighed once it hit the apple right in the middle. "You know my theory—" Jay started, "for the last time, they are not hostages!" Cole argued, Y/N got another arrow ready as she aimed for a leaf floating in the wind. "How can you be sure?" Jay asked, "no ransom note," Cole argued. "Maybe they're gonna hypnotize them into being an army?" Jay asked as he looked at Cole, "Krux and Acronix already have an army...of samurai snakes!" Cole shouted back.

Y/N took a deep breath as she already felt her patience lessening. "Well, you know my other theories..." Jay urged with a smile. Y/N let go of the arrow, causing it to pin the leaf to the wall. "Do not say alien abductions again, or dimensional rifts, or elfin magic portals!" Cole shouted as he used his new earth strength to puth Jay up into the air and shake the island. Jay landed on the ground harshly while Y/N stumbled, "sorry. It's just...I'm tired of speculating! We need to take action! Right, Kai, Y/N?" Cole questioned as he looked up to see Kai beating up multiple robots and Aven shooting things like her life depended on it.

"Y/N? Kai? You guys okay? You both haven't been the same since you squared off against Krux and you tried to save Borg. Did, did Krux do something? Are you hurt again, Y/N?" Cole asked as Jay even looked at both of them. Kai looked over at them, "more like said something," Kai mumbled under his breath. "No. Nothing. I'm fine" Kai said as he sighed deeply. Y/N clenched her bow in her fist as she felt anger rise beneath her. She wasn't made at them, she was mad at herself. She was experiencing a new power, and she didn't know how to control it, or why it all of the sudden appeared. "I'm fine" Y/N said as she took another arrow and shot it at a target.

"Good, 'cause I was just saying it's time to stop guessing and start fighting!" Cole said as he walked up at Kai with Jay, Y/N looked over at them as she walked over. "So you're suggesting we capture one of those snake guys and bring them back here for Wu to question?" Kai asked, "I just want to fight somebody. But okay, we could do that too" Cole said in a cheery tone. "That plan won't work" Lloyd said as he walked down the steps and to the others. Y/N put her bow over her shoulder as she crossed her arms over her chest. "Why not?" Kai asked. "Because Master Wu still hasn't recovered from his battle with Acronix. He rambles. He passes out. I think he's a lot more hurt than he lets on" Y/N said as she looked over at Lloyd to see him nod at her.

"Is Y/N's healing not working?" Jay asked out of the blue, Y/N glanced at Jay, "I...don't know. From what I've seen, it looks like I haven't done anything, but I can see a slight change in behavior" Y/N stated with a shrug.

"Ah, great! All this and now we have no leader, either?" Kai asked as he looked at Lloyd and Y/N. "Ah, that's not exactly true. Ahem! With Wu out of Commission, the um...logical successor would be..." Lloyd said in an awkward tone as he scratched the back of his neck. "The Green Ninja" Y/N said as she watched the boy's faces go sour. "Correct" Lloyd said as he looked down. "Master Lloyd?" Cole questioned as he scratched his chin, "temporary Master Lloyd, you mean" Kai added, "...in training" Jay added with a smile. Y/N sighed as she placed her elbow to rest on Cole's shoulder. "Okay, Temporary Master Lloyd in Training, we mere Ninja await your words of wisdom" Y/N teased as she watched Lloyd blush slightly. "Which I assume involve kicking some butt till we get a few answers. Right?" Cole asked as the boys cheered. As Jay, Cole, and Kai were about to run into the temple, Lloyd burst their bubble. "Wrong. Too random. We need a plan" Lloyd said as they all stopped in their tracks, "we have one. Go kick some butt" Kai argued.