Chapter 32: The Hatching

A/N: I remembered I haven't told you guys what your uniforms were like! So I would like to let you know that up until Season 3 it changes, and Y/N has a very similar uniform to Kai, but is the shape of Nya's (so more feminine). I hope that clears things up!

-------------------------
*the new dojo*

They were now in their new floating temple as Wu drank his tea. "Another cup please, Misako" Wu asked as he held his cup out to her to fill, Misako chuckled, "Okay, but drink it slower this time. Healing tea doesn't work on a burnt tongue" Misako said as she poured him another cup, only for Wu to start chugging it. "Sip! You are quite impatient" Misako said as she walked away from Wu, Wu chuckled as he looked over at the Ninja, "the same could be said of them" Wu said as he raised his brows at the Ninja.

"Okay, Master Wu, you've had your tea, now can we talk?" Cole asked urgently, Wu nodded, "ask any question you wish" Wu said in a soft voice. "Who did we fight in the monastery?" Cole asked. "That was Acronix, right?" Zane asked right after, "from the painting?" Kai added on. "Twins look alike!" Lloyd said, "or was it Krux?" Nya asked right after. "Is he from the future?" Y/N asked, "how does he speed up time like that?" Kai asked, "is he from the past?" Cole asked.

"Who ate my pudding cup?" Jay asked as he shook his empty cup, the others looked at him with raised eyebrows, and hands on their hips. "What? He said ask any question. I put my name on this. Just because we're in a new dojo, doesn't mean we disobey the refrigerator rules!" Jay whined as he stomped his feet, when he looked up at the others he closed his mouth quickly, "right. Sorry. Guy in monastery. What's his story?" Jay asked as he looked at Wu.

"Well, to answer that, I must begin at the end. It was forty years ago, shortly after the Serpentine Wars...when I was a much younger man. As you know, we fought valiantly but our enemies were strong and our powers alone were not enough. It was the discovery of the magic flutes that allowed us to finally defeat the Anacondrai. Their leaders were banished. And peace was returned to Ninjago" Wu said as he explained each of the Elemental Masters who helped in the war.

"Hold on a sec. So that guy at the monastery is an actual Elemental Master of Time?" Cole asked as he looked at Wu. "No. Acronix was an Elemental Master of Time, like his brother, Krux. After helping us win our hard-fought peace, they betrayed me, Garmadon, and the others. The so-called Hands of Time felt they controlled the most powerful element, therefore entitling them to rule all of Ninjago" Wu explained as he took a sip of his tea. "What did you do?" Y/N asked as she looked at him, "we had to stop them. And it would take all of us. Garmadon, myself, and every Elemental Master" Wu explained. Nya and Kai looked at each other before Kai looked back at Wu, "even...our parents?" Kai asked with a sense of uneasiness. "Of course," Wu answered.

"Kai, Nya, your mother and father were great fighters, but it appeared even they had met their match. Acronix was a skilled warrior, one of the best I've ever seen, but his real power was his ability to control the forward movement of time. By sending himself forward, he was always ahead of the action, as if he had super speed. However, a slow progression can be just as dangerous. Different power, but equally effective" Wu explained.

Y/N looked at Kai and Nya, then back at Wu as he continued to explain. "One Master of Time was bad enough, but like the hands on a clock, there were two. Krux's power was the opposite of his brother's. He could reverse time. It's a huge advantage in combat. Know your opponent's next move, know how to counter it. He could even control time...to the point of halting it. Of course, he didn't halt himself" Wu explained as he looked at Y/N. "We knew we had to prepare. Fearing the next time, we would not be so lucky" Wu said as he looked at his cup.

"You said the Hands of Time were unbeatable, yet you beat them. How?" Lloyd asked as he looked at Wu. "The way one often defeats an enemy, by taking away their weapon" Wu answered, "but their weapon was time" Y/N said as she looked confused, "indeed" Wu said as he looked at the Ninja. "Our only hope was four blades, hastily forged from Chrono-Steel. The Time Baldes. Chrono-Steel is the only metal that can absorb elemental energy. Stripped of their powers, Acronix and Krux were just two ordinary men, easily subdued. But the ability to control time is too great for anyone to possess. Garmadon and I knew the Time Blades themselves were a threat that had to be eliminated...forever. We created a temporal vortex to dispatch the blades in time, where they would be lost to the ages. But Acronix and Krux refused to admit defeat. They thought they were more powerful than time itself" Wu explained as he took another sip of tea.

"So, what happened to them?" Cole asked, "Krux disappeared into time itself, and I knew Acronix was going to return yesterday, so I waited. He was the remaining loose end to tie. Now he is no more" Wu said as Misako helped Wu stand up as she helped him over to something. "You mean, like, permanently?" Lloyd asked as Misako helped Wu sit down in a comfy chair with a foot rest. "Never my intent, but it was his fate. Now Acronix is gone forever, along with that Time Blade. It took four decades, but the Hands of Time will never again threaten Ninjago" Wu said as he leaned back and closed his eyes, "one question. How did you know Acronix was going to return to the monastery at that exact moment?" Y/N asked as she looked at Wu, "why didn't you ask for our help?" Jay asked after Y/N, "how many Elemental Masters were there?" Zane asked quickly. "Can we make Time Blades?" Cole asked, "our parents, you said they were there" Kai said.