Chapter 18: Grave Danger

———————————
*the ocean*

The Ninja were now searching in the depths of the ocean as they looked at the screen for a moment. "We're almost to the tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master" Zane said as they smiled slightly. "Can't believe we're almost there, after all we've been through" Cole said with a smile, "I can't believe I'm underwater" Kai said as he looked at a fish swimming past the ship. "You? What about me? Just how thick is this glass?" Cole asked as he knocked on the glass.

Y/n was sitting in the back on the floor as she looked at the cloak, thoughts running through her mind as she looked at the wind symbol on it. "We're heading to your location now. With Morro already ahead of you and able to foresee the traps protecting the tomb with the Sword of Sanctuary, it's going to be up to you five to find the Realm Crystal before he does" Wu said as he showed up on the screen in front of them. "Heh, Cole's a ghost, Kai can't swim, we have no magical sword or elemental powers. Heh-heh-heh, what can go wrong?" Jay asked as he laughed gently. Y/n sighed as she leaned her head against the metal behind her.

Y/n stood up as she looked at the screen, "I may not know the three tests you're about to face, but I discovered a riddle that makes reference to it that may help: A Spinjitzu Master can. A Spinjitzu Master can not. To move forward, don't look ahead, to find his resting spot" Misako said as she read a scroll. "Huh. That's food for thought" Cole said as he gulped.

Y/n looked over to the side and noticed something a little bigger than usual. "Speaking of food, we're about to be some!" Jay shouted just as Y/n was about to say something. "We have to go faster. Much faster" Y/n said as a giant squid was headed their way. Cole moved Rex faster as they started to move away from the giant squid. The squid wrapped its tentacles around Rex as the glass started to break. "Why did the tomb have to be underwater?" Kai asked as Y/n looked at the broken glass. "Hold on!" Cole shouted as he steered away from the squid. "Ugh! What kind of weapons is this thing equipped with?" Jay asked as he looked around. "We don't need weapons. Aim for that rock!" Y/n said as she pointed at the rock ahead. "On it" Cole said as he drove into a tunnel. But the squid wasn't very far after. But it ended up getting stuck just as it went to put its head through. They all cheered while Y/n sighed in relief. "Thatta boy, Rex, thatta boy!" Jay cheered as they continued to make their way to the location of the tomb.

——————————————
*a few minutes later*

They soon made it to an air pocket in a cave. They walked out of the ship and onto the rock platform. "If you wanna hide a tomb, this looks like a good place. We're here" Cole said as Y/n looked down at a sharp rock, noticing a green cloth on it. "Aaargh! There goes any hope Morro couldn't find this place" Jay said as he picked up the small piece of fabric. "Hey, stay positive, we're about to risk our lives going through traps we know nothing about. All we have to rely on is each other. At least feel lucky we got this far" Y/n said as she looked at Jay while tucking the cloak into her suit.

"Oh, I'm sorry. You're right. What was I thinking? Hey! There goes any hope Morro couldn't find the Tomb! We're not alone! Yay! Now we're gonna have to fight him again! Sure we got our tails handed to us last time, but you never know in the future, because Ninja never quit! Better?" Jay said in a sarcastic tone. "I hope Morro beats you before I do," Y/n said as her patience for Jay's sarcasm was decreasing by the second. Kai shrugged his shoulders as he rested his elbow on Y/n's shoulder. "Eh. I'll take it" Kai said as he looked at Y/n.

Zane pushed past them gently, "look" Zane said as he pointed at a shrine. "The First Spinjitzu Master. Creator of all Ninjago" Cole said as they all looked at the statue of the First Spinjitzu Master.

"Destination reached. Auto return initiated" Rex said as it closed its door and started to sink. "Auto return? No, no, no. Rex! Bad!" Jay shouted as they all ran to the edge of the sand. "Our Aeroblade weapons were in there" Zane said as he looked at Rex sink down. "Not to mention our only way back" Y/n said as she sighed deeply. Jay turned to look at her, "hey, stay positive. Who needs a way back when we gotta go that way?" Jay asked as he pointed behind Y/n.