Chapter 58: Saving Faith

--------------------------
*The First Realm* 

"Yeah. That's her" Cole said as they were hiding behind rocks, they saw Faith's hat in the sand. "We have to go down and save her" Wu whispered, "no, we have to get the Dragon Armor. In case you've forgotten, they don't have the map, and we do" Kai said as he showed Wu the map.

"Kai is correct. And it appears this could be a trap" Zane said as he looked at the others, "oh, really? Really? It takes a Nindroid to figure that out? Eh," Jay said as he rolled his eyes. "Sorry, Wu, but we can't go out there. If we want to go home, we need to find the Firstbourne's Nest to get back to Lloyd and Nya" Y/N said as she looked at Wu with a sense of urgency and reassurance. Wu snatched the spyglass out of Cole's hand and leaned against the rock as he looked at the hat.

"Well, maybe more of his memories came back. Something that could help us in a situation like this" Cole said as he looked at Y/N, "is that true? Do you remember more?" Y/N asked softly, she heard Wu sigh as he let the spyglass fall slightly, "I can't lie. They haven't. But my father told me I have to have Faith. And without her, we would've never gotten this far. Besides...Ninja never leave friends behind" Wu said as he glanced back at them before looking ahead.

Y/N stood up and she placed a hand on his back, "then we've got your back" Y/N said as she smiled at him, watching him smile back and nod at her.

The Ninja walked across the sand, weapons in their hands as they took careful steps, "they must have left her here for the elements to finish her off" Wu said as Faith was in the sand, only thing seen being her nose and eyes, her hat shading her from the sun above. Faith choked on her words through the sand. Wu lifted the hat off her head, his eyes widening at Faith's covered mouth.

"Are you okay?" Wu asked as he moved the cloth from her mouth, "you should not have come. It's a trap!" Faith shouted, and just like that, many hunters popped out of the sand, weapons pointed at the Ninja. "And it's a trap" Jay said, Y/N glared back at him, "I'm about to hit you for them" Y/N whispered to Jay as he chuckled nervously at her.

--------------------------
*later that night*

As night fell upon them, the Ninja were on poles while the hunters sat and laughed by a fire. "Eat up, Hunters! We have the Son of the First Spinjitzu Master. By first light, with him by my side, the Firstbourne will gladly give up the rest of the Dragon Armor. Then it'll be a feast every night!" Baron shouted as the hunters cheered.

"Could you pass a roasted lizard stick up here? I'm hungry too. No? No takers? Ah, that's okay. I'm kind of watching my figure, anyway. Ha, ha" Jay said sarcastically as his smile dropped.

Y/N was tied in between Kai and Cole, while Zane was on the other side. Wu was tied with Jay and Faith on the other pole.

"I'm sorry, I thought I was doing the right thing. But I've only made it worse" Wu said, Y/N let her head hang as she felt defeated, "hm. Your heart is pure, but this realm is cruel. I am just sorry you ever had to find this place" Faith said as she looked ahead.

"Oh, don't sweat it, Little Wu. We've seen worse. Any moment, Zane will have cut through these binds, and we'll be outta here" Kai said with a confident smile. "Um. I cannot cut through these binds, Kai. Perhaps there is another alternative you were thinking of?" Zane asked as he looked over at Kai, "but Zane, I'm the good looks of the team. You're the brains" Kai said as he looked over his shoulder and at Zane.

Jay scoffed, "ah, I thought I was the looks?" Jay asked as he looked at Kai, Y/N and Cole. "No, you're the annoying one" Cole said with a smirk, "what are you, the party pooper?" Jay asked as he raised a brow at Cole. "Mr. Party Pooper to you," Kai said with a proud smile. "Har, har, Hair Gel" Y/N said as she looked at Kai with a smile.

They all laughed together, "how can you all make jokes at a time like this?" Wu asked as he looked forward. "You got this one, Jay?" Kai asked as he looked at Jay, "well, when all hope is lost, sometimes a good laugh is all you need to stay positive. Helps cope with what's bad, while opening your eyes to what's good" Jay said, Y/N smiled, it sounded like he was truly wise, if that were ever possible.

"I understand, Jay. You are the annoying one" Wu said with a smile. "Heh?" Jay said as he looked across at the others while they all laughed loudly. "Did I–did I do that right? A joke?" Wu asked, Y/N smiled, "yeah" Y/N said as she laughed.