Chapter 16: Kingdom Come

———————————
*Cloud Kingdom*

The five of them walked up to the front gates of the kingdom. A man with a small bowl cut walked down the steps with his hands in front of him, "welcome to Cloud Kingdom. We've been expecting you" the man said as the Ninja looked at him, "ha, how are we..." Jay said as he looked down beneath him. "Standing on a cloud? Easy, in other realms, there are other rules. I'm Fenwick. I've been asked to show you around" Fenwick said as he looked at the Ninja with a soft smile.

"Nice to meet you, I'm—" Kai said but as he went to shake Fenwick's hand he spoke. "Kai, yes, we all know. You're quite popular with the other monks. Up here, we see everything that goes on in Ninjago" Fenwick explained as he looked at Kai. "Then you know—" Cole said but Fenwick cut him off, "you've travelled far for the Sword of Sanctuary. A powerful weapon that can foresee your opponent's next attack. It's also the second clue to finding the Tomb of the First Spinjitzu Master" Fenwick said as he looked at Cole. "Blimey! But how be you—?" Zane was about to ask, but once again Fenwick interrupted him. "Finishing your sentences? I know, it's rather annoying, but up here we know, let's just say...we know what's going to come next" Fenwick said.

Y/n rolled her eyes, "you got the annoying part right" Y/n whispered as she looked down at the cloud, Kai nudged her slightly, Y/n shrugged her shoulders as she looked at him. "Come, I know Morro isn't far behind, and I am guessing you,   Y/n, know that most. Follow me and I'll explain" Fenwick said. Y/n looked at Kai as she motioned towards him, Kai shook his head while Y/n groaned and followed them over the bridge, taking a look at the floating ships and floating cloud islands.

———————————-
*The writing room*

They walked for a very long time before making it into a temple. People were writing in robes and using fancy quills. "Wow, it's the Ninja" a random guy said as they all looked at them. They all started whispering to each other as the Ninja and Fenwick walked down the aisle. "I know you're familiar with a few of the realms. Cloud Kingdom is just one more of the 16 realms that exist parallel to Ninjago" Fenwick said, Y/n looked behind them and saw this one man in particular stare at them, Y/n felt a chill run up her spine as she looked over at the others.

"Sixteen Realms?" Kai asked as if he had no idea there were more than five. Y/n rolled her eyes slightly. "In this realm, we strive for greater understanding and let go of distractions. There is no television, no video games–" Fenwick explained but Jay was not happy. "No video games? Hmph, not impressed" Jay said as he crossed his arms. "It appears all any lad does here be writing" Zane said as he looked at Fenwick.

Fenwick turned to look at the Ninja. "That is because here our words matter. You see, in Cloud Kingdom, we are the writers of Destiny. It was  here that it was decided that Lloyd should be the Green Ninja. And just now that,  Zane should find his voice again" Fenwick explained as he picked up a piece of paper one of the monks was writing on. "I sense my vocal pattern has returned without any repairs" Zane said with a smile spread across his face. "Aw! He doesn't talk like a pirate anymore" Jay complained. "How'd that happen?" Cole asked. "It was written" Fenwick said as he returned the piece of paper back to the person who was writing on it. Jay walked up to one of the monks. "Hey, guys, he's writing about Darreth" Jay said as he knocked over a jar of ink onto the page. Jay gasped.

"Oh, poor Darreth" the boy said as he looked at the inked page. Jay chuckled nervously as he moved away from the monk. "If you know what's going to happen next, then you know how important it is for us to get the Sword of Sanctuary" Y/n said as they continued walking. "Yes, and I know both you and Kai made a promise to save your friend, Lloyd. Sadly, we cannot ensure promises, because we aren't allowed to choose sides" Fenwick said. Jay bumped into Zane and groaned loudly.