Chapter 25: On a Wish and a Prayer

----------------------------
*Jay's new house*

Everyone walked into Jay's new home, "ahem. Welcome to my humble abode" Jay said as he turned to look at the others. "Whoa" the other Ninjas said at the same time. They all walked into a room which was full of Fritz Donnegan merch. "Fear isn't a word where I come from!" a Fritz statue said as they walked past it. "So how did you come across this place again?" Lloyd asked, Jay turned to look at him, "I saved up. Yeah, that's it. I saved up every little bit and now...ta-da, here's my secret hideout. Ha, ha. Of course it can be our secret hideout" Jay said as he chuckled nervously while looking at the others. "Fear isn't a word where I..." Fritz said, but before he could finish Jay shook him to stop him from saying his line again. Jay shrugged his shoulders as he giggled nervously.

"First we lost Wu, then Misako. Now Kai. I don't know about you, but I'm starting to see a pattern" Y/N said as she looked at the others with a nervous but confident expression. "Whenever one of us finds ourselves alone, we disappear" Zane said as he placed a hand on Y/N's shoulder. "Then we better stick together from here on out. We need to take a look at that lantern. Jay, hit the lights" Nya said as she looked over at Jay. "Lights. Lights. Where would they be? Ah, found them! Ha-ha. Sorry, big house" Jay said as he searched frantically before finally finding them. When he hit a button it turned on the AC, then he pushed another button which caused the radio to turn on. "Oh, no" Jay said as he started to frantically before finally turning off the lights. Jay laughed with a proud smile on his face as Zane brought over the lantern.

"Wow. So this is supposed to point the way to the only thing that can stop Nadakhan?" Nya asked as she looked down at the floor. "Not stop, slow. Remember, a drop of venom from a Tiger Widow can kill a normal person, but slow a Djinn down before he can disappear on us. If we need to trap him, we'll need this venom. So let's figure out a plan" Lloyd explained as he looked down at the map.

"You saved up for this place? Baloney. Whenever money comes your way you waste it on junk food and video games. What's really up? And don't think you can lie to me, I know you too well" Cole whispered to Jay, Y/N moved closer to them. "Fine. I made a wish with Nadakhan" Jay said, Y/N's eyes widened as she looked at him. "You've seen Nadakhan and haven't told us?" Y/N asked in a whispered tone as she looked at him. "Shh. He came when I was alone. I wished to be rich and impress Nya, and instead I got a letter telling me I've inherited my dad's estate, only it turns out I'm adopted and my birth dad is Cliff Gordon" Jay explained as he looked at both Y/N and Cole.

"Who?" Y/N asked, "the guy who played Fritz Donnegan" Jay whispered back. Y/N, Cole and Jay brought their attention back to the others. "So the Tiger Widow is on that island?" Nya asked as she pointed to an island farther from others. "An island that doesn't exist according to my database" Zane explained with a shrug.

Y/N and Cole walked away with Jay in between them. "How could you be so stupid to make a wish? You know everyone else who has faced him is not gone" Cole said, "it's because back in the Spinjitzu Master's tomb, when everyone saw their future, and I told everyone I had an eye patch..." Jay started to explain. "I remember" Y/N said softly as Y/N and Cole both sat next to Jay. "Well, I saw something else. I saw the reflection of me and Nya together" Jay explained, "what?" Cole said as he leaned in closer to Jay. "I don't know how, but in the future we end up with each other. Although she's made it painfully clear I never stand a chance. So when Nadakhan found me, I couldn't resist. But who am I kidding? Nothing I'd do would impress her. After two wasted wishes, I was barely able to escape without making my third" Jay said, Y/N placed a hand on Jay's shoulder.

"I know how you feel, when I looked into the ice, I saw myself with...kids" Y/N started, Jay and Cole's eyes widened. "And believe me, I would give anything to make sure that comes true, but you can't force the future to come so quickly," Y/N explained in a soft tone. "You have to tell them," Cole said, "I can't. Then Nya will know. Please, I'm asking you both as my best friends" Jay said, Y/N looked at him with a concerned look, "but if anyone else gets hurt–" Y/N started, "of course. If I'm lying, may I be struck down right now by the First Spinjitzu–Aah!" Jay shouted as the house started to shake. Y/N fell to the floor as Zane dropped the lantern. "Fear isn't a work where I–" Fritz said but stopped as the statue fell down to the ground. The TV turned on and the news started to play. "Oh, it was just another quake. Heh. Boy, there's been a lot of those lately. Ha-ha-ha" Jay said as he pushed himself off of Cole's lap.