Chapter 14: The Temple on Haunted Hill

————————————————
*Yang's Temple*

"Welcome to Yang's Haunted temple, the historic landmark and former home of Sensei Yang, the notorious Sensei without a pupil, infamous for creating the lost martial art of Airjitzu. Unfortunately, we can't take our tour groups inside, for rumors say anyone trapped inside its walls at sunrise, will be turned into a ghost permanently." The tour guide lady said, "but if you listen closely, maybe we'll be able to hear the ghost of Sensei Yang himself, looking for his lost pupils" the tour guide lady said as she looked at all the children.

"I hope it's not a rumor, for it's our only hope!" Zane yelled in an attempt to whisper. Jay had fixed Zane's language database. "Sorry about my loud friend, he's a little hard of hearing," Cole said as he wrapped his right arm around Zane's shoulders. "Known for his un...Ahem...unusual teaching methods" the guide said as she continued to talk about the history of the temple and Yang himself. "I thought you said you fixed him?" Kai whispered to Jay, "at least he's no longer talking backwards. I guess my tinkering got his volume level stuck," Jay said as he chuckled nervously.

"At least you can understand me now!" Zane shouted, Y/n placed her hands over his mouth as the tour guide glared at them. "Dating back, ahem, to the Edo Period..." the tour guide continued.

"Well, from now on, only speak if you have something really important to say" Cole said as  Y/n put her hands down. "Who put you in charge?" Kai asked, Y/n rolled her eyes, "guys can we not argue about this right now?" Y/n asked, "I did. After you guys mucked it up, it's my turn to be in charge. And, like me, I like my plans simple. We sneak in, learn Airjitzu from the Ghost of Sensei Yang, then get out before sun up" Cole said, Y/n nodded "since Morro already knows Airjitzu, we just have to hope he hasn't figured out the next clue" Y/n said as she looked at the four boys. "Well, the sun is setting, which means we should head back to the bus. Wouldn't want anyone to turn into a ghost" the tour guide said as she giggled.

——————————————————
*later that night*

As the bus drove away the five Ninja waited for the sun to fall and the moon to rise. They all made their way to the front as Cole and Jay started to pull on the boards blocking their way in, both grunting as they pulled. Y/n rolled her eyes as Zane opened the front door, allowing her and Kai to go in first before Zane walked in behind them. Cole and Jay looked over at the opened door. "Oh...Ah, okay" Cole said as he and Jay ran into the house. The door creaked as it slammed closed and locked all on its own.

The five of them looked around the house, Jay started to open a set of doors as they walked into a room with bookshelves, pictures, a desk and a fireplace. The doors closed behind them, Cole looked behind him with a scared expression spread across his face. When Cole turned around he was face to face with a spider. Cole yelped as Kai touched it, making it go back up. "Relax. If this place is truly haunted, we just need to wait until he shows himself" Kai said as he started to push Cole towards the others.

"He should've been here by now. You heard the tour guide, if we're not out by sun up, we'll be ghosts" Cole said in a worried tone. "You didn't buy into that malarky, did you?" Kai asked with a smirk, "hey, I don't wanna be a ghost. Who wants to be a ghost? Why didn't anyone warn us this place would get so creepy after dark?" Cole asked as he put his hands up. Zane and Y/n looked through the books as they tried to ignore the chatting going on not far from them. "Eh, remind me again why we agreed to put the guy afraid of ghosts in charge?" Jay asked in a sassy tone. "Because Jay, you three have been the leader, it's his turn, if this goes south then Zane can take over, or I can" Y/n said as she put a book down which had no valuable information in it.

"Listen to this!" Zane shouted in Jay's ear. "Argh! Allow me. Ahem. Whoa. It says here, though many believed Sensei Yang's unusually strict teachings drove his pupils away, others admit to never seeing any of them leave the temple grounds, suggesting a more sinister plot. Ha ha! How awesome is that?" Jay asked as he smiled at the four in front of him, "not awesome. Not even a little" Cole said in a scared tone, "don't believe everything you read" Kai said as he shrugged his shoulders. "Yang was hard on his pupils for a reason, for in his words 'As iron sharpens iron, Sensei sharpens student'." Jay read as he looked up from the pages.