Chapter 5: Spy for a Spy

———————————————
*in the main area*

Y/n, Jay, Kai, Lloyd and Garmadon were sitting waiting for lunch, the Kabuki walked in with trays of food as they set them down on the table. "Try the horned wasp eggs, delicious!" Master Chen said, Y/n cringed as she looked at the striped eggs. "Uh, I think I'll pass," Lloyd said as he looked away from the tray "oh, lighten up, Green Ninja. This isn't a trick. This is a feast to celebrate the eight of you making it to the second round" Master Chen said as the Kabuki clapped at the celebration.

"And I must congratulate the Master of Roots' defeat over Master of Poison. She was a bit hard to swallow, am I right?" Master Chen said as Jay looked over at her, "Master of Roots?" Jay asked, Y/n nodded "it's another name for all the elements, so Master Wu just called it Roots" Y/n explained with a smile. "You can relax, Lloyd. Even if there was a fight now that we told the others about Chen's dirty plot to steal our powers, we're safe in our secret alliance" Kai said as he tried to ease the nerves.

"I tried to enlist Shadow, but that dude's throwing some serious shade," Turner said as he looked over at the group, "well if you plan to stop Chen, you'll need everyone on board. Each fighter that loses gives him strength, soon he'll be too powerful for even all of you combined to overcome" Garmadon explained, Y/n and Lloyd looked over at Shadow for a moment before resuming their meal.

A few minutes later a Kabuki came in with a plate full of fortune cookies. "Ooh, fortune cookies! Bring them to me!" Master Chen clapped with excitement. "But they are for your captured...I mean, honored guests" Clouse whispered as Master Chen moved to look at him. "I'm not gonna eat them, Clousy Clouse. Just read the fortunes. They're my favorite part" Master Chen said with a big grin on his face.

"Might I warn you our guests are fond of whispering and I don't think it's about your food. I've heard word they have allied themselves. The ninja have told them about our secret ceremony" Clouse informed Master Chen. "Do they know about the spell?" Master Chen asked as he looked worryingly at Clouse. "Not yet, but we must get ahead of this" Clouse finished as Master Chen put the fortune cookie back with the others. The Kabuki walked around the table. "It has come to my attention that there are rumors floating about that I am stealing everyone's power" Master Chen said as Lloyd and Y/n grabbed a fortune cookie. "I am," Master Chen said with a grin.

Everyone gasped except for the ninja, as they started whispering to each other. "But it's all for this staff!" Master Chen said as the snake staff was revealed. One of the Kabuki gave the staff to Master Chen, the staff sparkled with the colors of each element he had taken. "The staff of Elements. It holds the power of your fallen foes, and soon it'll hold all but one. For the last standing in my tournament will win this prize and be the greatest fighter ever in the history of Ninjago!" Master Chen explained as Kai and Jay took a fortune cookie. "You're lying," Y/n said as she slammed her fists on the table. "What about the spell?" Lloyd asked as he stood from his seat, "spell? What spell?" Clouse asked.

"Don't believe him, it's just another trick. Neuro read Clouse's mind and saw it" Y/n said as she looked over at the other contestants. "Tell them what you saw, Neuro" Lloyd said as he looked over at Neuro. Clouse glared at Neuro as it was as if he was threatening him, "I don't remember. Truthfully, I'm a bit more interested in knowing more about that staff" Neuri lied as Lloyd and Y/n looked at him in disbelief. "And why should we be so quick to believe everything you say? How do we know you're not lying to get the staff for yourself?" Turner asked as he and Skylar took a fortune cookie. Skylar opened her fortune cookie and read the red piece of paper, then gasped. "It worked. Their alliance is crumbling" Clouse whispered to Master Chen with a smirk. "So much for the alliance" Garmadon said as the other fighters talked, "they believe him over us?" Lloyd asked as he looked over at the other ninja.