Thirteen

Angeldust was in fetal position on his bed. His head resting on  Husker's arm as he stirred awake. He smiled at the realization Husker stayed with him the entire night. While Husk was still asleep Angeldust grabbed some clothes and went into his bathroom to shower.

When Husker did wake up, he was a little disoriented by realization, he wasn't in his room. Quickly, he remembered why he was here. Fat Nuggets was laying at the foot of the bed and Husker sat up to pet the small creature.

Angeldust came out of the bathroom fully dressed with a towel wrapped over his hair.

"I didn't wake you did I?" Angeldust asked ruffling the towel through his nearly dry hair.

"No." Husker assured, turning his attention to Angeldust.

Angeldust sat on the bed next to his piglet and petted him.

"I need alcohol." Husker stated, getting off the bed.  "You coming?"

"Only if you watch me." Angeldust smirked.

"Angeldust." Husker groaned.

"What?" Angel chuckled.

Husker rolled his eyes, walking out of the room, the spider close behind him. Angeldust sat down at the bar as Husker walked behind it. Husker opened a bottle of his booze while conversing with the spider til it was time for him to head out.

Cherribomb walked through the doors of the Hazbin Hotel.

Husker swallowed the alcohol he had just gulped. "If you're looking for Angel, he left 'bout an hour ago for work." Husker stated.

"Actually. I'm looking for you." She stated.

"Me?" Husk was confused.

"Angel talks highly of you, ya know?" Cherribomb stated.

"I'm flattered, but I'm not sure why he'd-" Husk was cut off.

Cherribomb sat down at the bar and grabbed him by the tie, pulling him close to her face.

"If you hurt my friend, You die." She warned letting go of his tie. Her tone softened as she sat on the barstool. "Anyways I'll have a Shirley temple."

Well that was bipolar as fuck. Husk thought to himself. He made Cherri her drink and the two chatted.

"You ain't gotta date him, but don't lead him on. He gets enough shit from Val, so don't be fuckin' with him alright? I'm pickin' up enough of his broken pieces." Cherri stated sipping her drink.

Husker took a sip of his alcohol.

"I like Angel. You don't have to worry about any of that." Husker assured.

"Good. Cause I got enough people on my 'Avenge Angie List'. Don't make me need to add you to that."

"His boss better be at the top of that list." Husk chuckled before taking another sip of the booze.

"Pft Obviously." Cherribomb stated. "Has he told you about any of that?" She asked, her voice was soft. She took another sip of her drink.

"I've seen some of it. The nights he comes home all out of sorts, make me want to kill that muthafucka." Huskreplied, the emotions evident in his voice.

"It gets really bad sometimes." Cherribomb stated. "I know, I can't be around him as often as I'd like to be, especially while he's trying to be sober, I don't want to to mess that up. I just need him to be okay."  She sipped more of her drink.

"You're a good friend." Husker noted.

The two chatted for a little while eventually Angeldust came walking through the lobby. "Cherri!" He yelled rushing over to his friend and hugging her.

"Hey!" She exclaimed hugging her friend.

"Whatcha doing here!? I've missed ya!" Asked the spider.

"I thought I owed my bestie a visit." She cheered.

Husker poured Angeldust a drink as he sat down next to his friend. The trio chatted for a while.

Charlie made her way downstairs, she and Alastor had a meeting with Rosie in a bit and she was running behind. She stood in the library waiting for the Radio Demon to appear. "Oh hey Cherri, nice seeing you again."

"Hi, Carly?" She questioned not remembering the Princess's name.

"Charlie." Angeldust corrected her.

Alastor appeared shortly after and the two teleported away.

"How was work today?" Husk asked.

"Can't really complain. Vox kept Val so busy cause he's been slacking I guess, so he wasn't really around much today." He stated.

"I'll cheers to that!" Cherri stated raising her glass.

Angel touched his last hers as husker tipped his bottle touching both of the glasses.

They all took a big sip of their drinks.

"Woah Angie did he do that?" Cherri asked noticing teeth marks on Angel's neck.

"Yeah. He wasn't around much, but we crossed paths once or twice." He sighed.

Husk downed the remainder of his booze.

Eventually Cherri had to get going, so it was just Husker and Angeldust at the bar. Charlie had come back at some point she was up in her room.

"You sure you're alright?" Husk asked.

Angeldust avoided eye contact but nodded.

"I'm fine."

"Angel?" Husk said like a question. Angel's eyes met his. "Are you sure?"

Angeldust sighed. "No. But I will be."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Husk asked.

"Right now I'd like to try and forget." Angeldust stated.

"Forgetting isn't your greatest option Angel. I get why, you wanna pretend like you're fine but, it's okay if you're not. You gotta feel however you're feeling." Husk stated. He sees alot of himself in Angeldust and he hates how poorly he's treated.

"Right now, I wish I couldn't feel at all." Angeldust admitted. His arms were crossed over his chest, one of his other arms reached for his glass and finished it.

"And it's okay to feel that way, but shits not gonna get any easier if you just ignore it. We all have our limits kid, and eventually you're gonna break." Husk explained in a calm tone, as he polished the glass with a rag.

Angeldust half smiled, and Husker's words of wisdom. "Thanks but, I don't exactly have good coping skills."

Husker facepalmed. "Do whatever you need to, it's not my place to judge. All I'm trying to say is, don't run from your emotions. You'll only end up, a shell of yourself, more than you already are." Husk reiterated.

"I'm gonna go to bed." Angeldust stated.

"Goodnight." Husk said sollamly, before the spider walked away.

Angeldust mumbled it back, he hoped Husk could hear. He did, cats have very good hearing. Angel went up to his room, crawled into bed. He gently sobbed alerting Fat Nuggets who was resting the edge of the bed, he waddled on up to Angeldust's face and licked his nose. Angeldust couldn't help but smile at the piglet. He wiped his tears away and wrapped an arm around the small pig. He did a line of cocaine, and eventually he fell asleep.