Fifty One

Thursday morning rolled around and Husk grumbled awake. He felt around for Angeldust and groaned when he realized the spider was no longer beside him.

Angel was actually behind the bar chatting with some of the new sinners and Cherri who came by to talk to Charlie.

"You're really staying?" Angel asked.

"Of course I am I miss you!" She assured.

"Great! We're having all the sleepovers!" Angel cheered. Drinking from a bottle of Husk's usual cheap booze.

Husk made his way down the stairs seeing a crowd by the bar, he looked closer and saw Angel tending it.

"The fuck is this?" Husk asked as he approached the bar.

"Oh uh your alarm went off but I thought you could use a bit more sleep." Angel admitted.

"Awee!" Cooed all the sinners sitting at the bar.

"Hey is that my booze?!" Husk asked facepalming.

"You want it?" Angel asked handed him the half empty bottle.

"Come on babe, lemme do my job." Husk asked going behind the bar. Angel complied and on sat at his usual seat. Husk poured a drink for his boyfriend and topped off Cherri's drink, without eve needed to ask what it was.

"Oh I should probably tell ya the news too." Cherri realized.

Husk raised an eyebrow at her.

"Guess who's the newest sinner on the way to redemption!" She cheered.

"Good for you Cher." Husk stated.

He took a swig from the bottle, looking deeply in Angel's eyes.

"Late night again?" Husk wondered.

"I don't know. I'll let you know, when I find out." His boyfriend is answered.

Husk just nodded.  Angel leaned over the bar and pressed his lips to Husk's quickly.

"I actually gotta start walking they want me there early cause Val changed my schedule again so I'm off tomorrow as well as my regular days off." Angel explained.

"Be careful babe." Husk said kissing him one more time.

"Love you Angie, text me if I need to shove a bomb up his ass."  Cherri stated before hugging her friend goodbye.

Husk and Cherri chatted about random things and also not so random things. She dipped her drink nonchalantly.

"So Angel tells me you best the shit out of Val." Cherri stated changing to yet another topic.

Husk took a swig of his booze and nodded.

"Fucker tried to hurt him during our date, what else would I do?" He asked.

Cherri sipped her drink. "I'm glad you can protect him when I'm not around. Don't get me wrong I know Angel could beat his ass if it wasn't for his deal, I've seen him spit rounds in demons for much less than the shit Val puts him through." She stated.

"Oh I know, he can. He shouldn't have to though." Husk stated.

"If your lil plan does work Husk, please let Angel deal with Val himself, he might finally feel like he's not useless." Cherri basically begged him, sipping her drink

Husk's ears drooped, he was silent for a moment. He knew Angel had low self esteem but he didn't think it was to that point.

"He thinks he's useless?" His voice cracked as he spoked. He took another swig from his bottle.

"That's not all he thinks." Cherri stated.

Husk sighed. "I'm gonna have to fix that."

"Please, don't let him go Husk. He needs someone like you." She begged.

"I'd never dream of it. He's the first person I've loved in a very long time." He assured.

She raised an eyebrow.

"I was married back when I was alive,  but uhh, let's just say my habit got in the way and cut that short. When she died, I vowed I'd never love again." He explained avoiding, going into detail.

"Shit. Does Angel know?" She asked. Husk shook his head.

"I do want to tell him but, I also don't want to just force the conversation, ya know? Waiting for it to just happen."

Cherribomb nodded that made sense.

A few hours went by Cherri and the sinners left with Charlie and Vaggy for some sort of bonding bullshit Charlie thinks they'd benefit from. Husk decided to stay behind. He checked on Fat Nuggets, feeding him and carrying him downstairs to the bar where he laid down and slept on the counter.

Husk phone buzzed in his pocket. He grabbed it and unlocked his phone looking at his notifications.

Loser🩷

Hey sexy, just ended my shift. The lounge is still being renovated but they moved sets to a different floor. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Husk read it carefully, sipped he booze and typed a response.

♠️♦️Whiskers♥️♣️

No problem my love. Leaving now 😘

That emoji has been the only one Husk sends him since Angel showed Husk what an emoji was, and where to find them on his phone. He grabbed his keys, and left.

When he arrived at their usual meeting point Angel hopped into the convertible and pressed a kiss to Husk's cheek.

"Thanks feathers." He said.

"How many times I gotta tell you, you don't need to thank me." Husk groaned. "And don't call me feathers!" Husk drive off in the direction he came from, going back to the hotel.

"Whatever you say...... Feathers." Angel smirked.

"Oh you're gonna get it when we get back." Husk grumbled.

"Is that a threat or a promise?" Angel wondered, raising his eyebrows suggestively.

Husk rolled his eyes.

When they got back to the hotel Charlie and everyone were still out. Husk dragged Angel to his room. Angel was kinda turned on by how assertive Husk was being.

However to his dismay, Husk pushed him to his bed and began tickling him.

He was laughing hysterically and begging Husk to stop.

"Are ya gonna call me feathers again?" Husk asked.

"No, no I promise!" Angel said still laughing as Husk tickled him. Husk chuckled, complied and stopped tickling the spider, and helped him sit up.

They were cuddled up in silence, for a little while. Angel was laying between his legs with his head on Husk's chest and Husk played with his hair.

Angel lifted his head, looking up at Husk.

"Could we try something?"  He asked.

Husk raised an eyebrow, intrigued.
"Hmn?"

Angel smiled. "We're gonna need to go to my room." He winked.

Husk's eyes went wide, he ran his fingers through his hair and he gulped.

What in hell is he fuckin thinking? Husk wondered.