Eighteen

Husk turned the car around and drove up the way he came.

He glanced over at the demon in his passenger seat. "You alright?" Husk asked. He noticed Angel's make up was smeared and how he was holding his neck.

Angeldust shook his head as he sighed a shaky breath.

"Your boss?" Husk wondered, though he thought he knew the answer.

Angeldust shook his head, again.

Husk's eyes widened. He turned on the Radio to avoid the silence. Neither of them knew what to say.

Husk drove up the road and Into the hotels back parking lot and parked his car. He got out and opened Angel's door for him. He helped the distraught demon out of the vehicle and pressed the lock button on his key chain.

Angel walked haphazardly. He wobbled and stumbled. Husk quickly ran up behind him and propped him up on his shoulder as uncomfortable as it was considering he was shorter than the spider. They walked into the lobby and sat on the couch neither of them anticipated going up stairs.

Husk grabbed himself a bottle of alcohol and took a long swig before offering it to the spider. Angeldust declined. Alcohol would just make him more depressed in this moment. Husk didn't push the subject and just took another swig.

They at in silence.

Angeldust took the makeshift bandage off his neck to see if it stopped bleeding. It hadn't completely stopped but it was much better than when it had just happened. Husk's mouth fell open and he covered it with his paw like hand. "What the fuck?" He mumbled barely audibly.

"You should see the other guy." Angeldust choked up a laugh, trying to cover up his pain with humor.

Husk didn't say anything he put one arm around Angeldust and pushed him into a hug. Angeldust immediately hugged back and began softly sobbing.

Eventually Husk helped Angeldust walk up the stairs and Into his room. He slowly let go of the spider as he sat down on his bed. Fat Nuggets grunted and frantically scratched at the foot of the bed. Husk lifted the pig and handed him to Angeldust who just nuzzled his face against the pig. Husk hugged Angeldust again and left the room, shutting the door.

Angeldust sat in his room sobbing for ten minutes before he stood up still cradling Fat Nuggets in his arms and left his room. He walked down the hall and stopped atl0 Husk's door. He contemplated for a moment if he actually wanted to knock before he did.

"It's open." Husk called he was sat in a chair his booze bottle to his lips like normal. There were empty bottles scattered all over the room. Angeldust walked in and shut the door behind him. Husk's ears dropped at the sight of the tear stained demon. Angel's mascara was running before Husk even picked him up, but it was much more obvious now. Husk motioned the other demon to sit on his bed. Angeldust did exactly that and Husk stood from his chair grabbing his box of tissues from his night stand and sitting next to the demon.

Angeldust wasn't ready to talk about all the events of the day. It was quite evident in his body language and his emotional state. They didn't speak. The only sounds I'm the room, were Angel's almost silent sobs, and whatever noises The piglet who was now in Angel's lap, made.

Husk moved the pillows from his lap, he scoochered just a little closer to Angeldust and just wrapped him in a tight but soothing hug. Angeldust wrapped two of his arms around Husk's neck the other two petted fat Nuggets.

Eventually Angeldust pulled away. Husk moved his hands from Angel's shoulders cupping either side of his face in his hand and carefully wiped Angel's tears away with the knuckles of his claw like fingers. He didn't care about the makeup the smudged across his finger he just wiped int only his pants.

Immediately Angeldust hugged him again as another wave of tears came. Husk rubbed the spiders back soothingly with one hand, the other was holding the back of his head gently tangling his fingers in the hair on Angel's neck.

Husk hated this. He hated seeing Angel so distraught. He hated that there wasn't anything he could do to help him. He felt useless, so he just sat there comforting Angel. It was all he really could do.

Angeldust eventually fell asleep as he cried on Husk shoulder, who instinctively and gently pushed him off his shoulder and easier him into a laying position. Angel rested his head of Husk pillow. Husk covered him up with a big fluffy blanket and he layed next to him, under a separate blanket wanting the demon to have as much of the covers as he liked.