Sixty Two

They got to Husk's casino and walked straight to the bar first.

They ordered a round of shots before ordering actual drinks.

"Husk! Long time no see." Called one of his regulars.

"Tyson, my man! How's the missus?" Husk asked.

"Oh she's fine, you got a fight by one of the slots." Tyson stated.

Husk turned his attention back to Cherri and Angel.

"I'll be right back." Husk stated, before following Tyson, to break up the fight.

Cherri flagged over the bartender, at least she was trying to.

He took out his phone, he meant to just scroll through social media but his screen froze for a moment and he ended up clicking the notification he's been avoiding.

He knew he was gonna regret it but now that he was in the conversation he might as well read them.

Cherri got her next drink and paid for it and sat back in the barstool she was seated at previously.

She turned to Angel to speak but stopped herself. She leaned closer to him just slightly, peering at the screen.

Val

Was the name at the top of the screen.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" She asked, making Angel jump. "Tell me you're not fuckin texting tha-"

"I- it's not what it looks like!" Angel assured.  "He's been texting me since the talent show. I didn't mean to click the conversation but I couldn't stop myself from reading the messages, since I did." He stated.

It took everything in Cherri to hold back her anger for Angel's sake. "He's been texting you all this time and you didn't say anything?!"

"I didn't think anything of it, cause I haven't even looked at them til now." Angel stated.

"Is that why you've been acting different?" Cherri asked.

She's on to me too? For fuck sake. Angel thought as he facepalmed.

"Angie?" She placed her hands on both his shoulders.

Angel took a deep breath and sighed.

"Yes."

Husk got the fight under control and kicked one guy out of the building and made his way back to the bar. While he was walking back, Angel gave Cherri the phone unable to finish reading the messages, they argued on weither or not he should tell Husk.

"Hey what I miss?" He asked As he approached.

"Either you tell him, or I will." Cherri stated.

Angel groaned.

"Tell me what?" Husk asked looking at Angel.

"Val's been texting me since the Talent show." Angel said glumly.

Husk blinked, before rubbing his face.

"Is that why your phone was going off earlier?" He asked.

Angel nodded.

"You should read them. It's fucked." Cherri stated.

Angel dropped his phone in Husk's hands, and laid his head in his arms on the counter.

Husk scrolled through the messages his face contorting as he grew angrier with every malace filled message, followed by the asshole begging him to come back, the messages got more and more ridiculous as they got closer to the more recent ones.

"What the actual fuck?" He was disgusted at how manipulative Valentino was.

Angel sat up because he had something to add.

"I haven't read them til now." Angel stated.

He just hugged Angel, and kissed his forehead. Angel hugged back. Husk moved his hands to Angel's and held them. "Don't let him get in ya head Tony. He just wants a reaction."

Angel nodded. "I know."

Angel an Husk ordered another drink, they downed them.

"Com'on let's show these hoes what we're made of!" Cherri cheered dragging Angel and Husk to the Slot Machines.

By the end of the night they each had a little over a thousand dollars. They left the casino and got in Husk's car driving off to the hotel.

Cherri retired to her room Husk and Angel went to his room, so Fat Nuggets could be fed.

"Hey, can we talk?" Angel asked.

"If course. What's up?" Husk asked, he sat on Angel's bed, Angel sat Nuggets food down on the floor for him and walked over to the bed and sat down too.

"Don't tell Cherri, but I haven't wanted to leave cause I'm afraid we'll run into him. I love her to death but her version of supportive isn't gonna help me right now." Angel admitted.

"I mean she should, go bomb the mothafucka." Husk chuckled.

"I'm being serious!" Angel groaned.

"So am I, but I understand what you mean. You know if we to we'd have your back, you don't have to be afraid of him anymore. You know you can kick his ass any day of the week." Husk stated.

"You think so?" The spider asked.

"You fuckin murded some dude just for hitting on you and Cherri, and you think you couldn't put a few rounds in that asshat?" Husk chuckled, as he asked the question.

Angel pondered the idea for a bit. Husk wasn't wrong, his deal is gone so he could do whatever he wanted if Val tried anything. Why was he so nervous?

"I guess you're right." Angel stated.

Husk wrapped his arms around his boyfriend and nuzzled his face in his neck.

"I love you Tony, I'm not gonna let him lay a hand on you anymore." Husk stated.

"I love you too." Angel wrapped his arms around Husk.

The two chatted and cuddled for a while before eventually falling asleep.